cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrequested account change

glyndev
Grafter
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎31-07-2007

Unrequested account change

Checked my email this morning to find that I had received an abuse email from +net saying that I had exceeded my monthly usage limit.
When I checked my account via the portal I found that I had been switched from my existing package BBPO1 to BBYW 2 via 93 other package changes in a 10 minute period. First ticket at 01:45 (SN66871779) then 186 others until last one at 01:55 (SN66872019)
Initially I thought that it was some kind of April Fools joke so I telephoned support and was told that the "database is badly broken".
I was the only person to contact them at 08:21 so check your account details. If the "database is broken" this could be a more widespread problem.


Just noticed that there is no open ticket on this. One was opened and then closesd by CS (# 28368474 ). So I'll get no response on this question.
10 REPLIES 10
James
Grafter
Posts: 21,036
Registered: ‎04-04-2007

Re: Unrequested account change

Hi Devonports,
There's not a serious database problem that I'm aware of, just the CSC anaylst being sensationalistic.
Granted yes, your product does appear to have changed a considerable amount of times at the same time, but it's not what I'd call a serious database error. (Otherwise it'd be a P1 and there'd be a Service Status out about it).
Do you want your product changing back or are you happy as it is?
glyndev
Grafter
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎31-07-2007

Re: Unrequested account change

Hi James.
First thing I asked for when I contacted support was to be changed back, but *** hasn't mentioned that in the ticket. He said that If he changed it back at that time it could "break things even more" and he needed to pass it on.
If I can be switched back ASAP I would be very gratefull.
Thanks.
James
Grafter
Posts: 21,036
Registered: ‎04-04-2007

Re: Unrequested account change

Hiya,
That should all be changed back now.
Wheel_nut
Grafter
Posts: 886
Registered: ‎03-08-2007

Re: Unrequested account change

So, What did happen here and what was the cause? What is being done to prevent it happening to the rest of us?
James
Grafter
Posts: 21,036
Registered: ‎04-04-2007

Re: Unrequested account change

Hiya,
Unfortunately it was caused by a problem fix on a different problem.
It's now been fixed and shouldn't happen for anyone else.
Community Veteran
Posts: 19,106
Thanks: 446
Fixes: 21
Registered: ‎31-08-2007

Re: Unrequested account change

Why did the OP refer to the e-mail from +net as an "abuse email"? That sounds a little unreasonable to me.
VileReynard
Aspiring Champion
Posts: 11,507
Thanks: 363
Fixes: 14
Registered: ‎01-09-2007

Re: Unrequested account change

179 package change notifications in one day is a bit abusive.

Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 19,838
Thanks: 2,407
Fixes: 440
Registered: ‎11-01-2008

Re: Unrequested account change

There was only one email, incorrect and probably a bit a bit of a shock though...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Lurker
Grafter
Posts: 1,867
Registered: ‎23-10-2008

Re: Unrequested account change

Quote from: Anotherone
Why did the OP refer to the e-mail from +net as an "abuse email"? That sounds a little unreasonable to me.

One email from the abuse department telling him he had exceeded his included usage perhaps - since he was referring to an account change, to a package with a lower usage allowance.
glyndev
Grafter
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎31-07-2007

Re: Unrequested account change

Well thankfully everything is sorted now and I am back on BBP 1. Luckily I have managed to maintain my static IP number.
One thing that puzzles me a little is that my usage was reset to begin today but is already showing 7.6M peak time usage, even though my package has not yet entered peak hours (BB Premier Option 1 is 16:00 to 00:00 for those who do not know. ).
I only received one email at 3:42 am but there where 186 other closed tickets on "contact me" between 01:45 and 01:55, 93 where "Invoice period changed" notifications and 93 where "User account type changed"
Anyway thanks to James and the team for getting this sorted so quickly.