cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimted broadband - available for business but not residential?

BRABUS
Grafter

Unlimted broadband - available for business but not residential?

Just looking around the Plus Net site and I noticed that if you have the Business option that you can get unlimited downloads but not on residential.  Is this something that Plus Net are thinking of addressing any time soon?
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Unlimted broadband - available for business but not residential?

Business Option 3 is unlimited but has 'restrictions' outside business hours.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
BRABUS
Grafter

I really think Plus Net are missing a trick with the lack of unlimited downloads
I know people always assume that people always want unlimited downloads so that they can pirate software and music etc but personally I use most of our bandwidth whilst at work monitoring our CCTV system to ensure that my disabled wife is ok and has not had a fall/accident.  This allows me to go to work and to try and give her some independance without her feeling isolated.  As limits are so small compared with some ISP I have to be very carefull what I do with regards to checking the CCTV as I dont want to go over my limit.
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: BRABUS
Just looking around the Plus Net site and I noticed that if you have the Business option that you can get unlimited downloads but not on residential.  Is this something that Plus Net are thinking of addressing any time soon?

Why don't you go onto the PN business [color=red]package Option 3 it has "unlimited" usage if you really need that, it's only £32.00 +VAT on a market 1 exchange, less cost for the others.
Unlimited isn't as cheap as chips anymore. [/color]
BRABUS
Grafter

I have looked at the business package but was put off when Strat posted that there are restrictions.  I couldnt find these restirctions when I looked so I am now a little stuck as to which way to jump.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It's tailored more to business use (logically) so stuff like gaming and P2P can be slowed in the evenings.
Some info here http://www.plus.net/support/kfis/Business-Option-3-KFIs.pdf
Also look here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/broadband_experience.shtml Scroll down and open up Business Broadband Option 3.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Apprentice
Grafter

@BRABUS
There are other options which would mean migrating away from Plusnet, but first why don't you phone and speak to the customer options team explain the situation and see if you can be put onto an unlimited residential package.
See what else is available from your exchange >
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search