cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited or Option 1?

Tyreal74
Grafter

Unlimited or Option 1?

Ive been on Option 1 since i joined plusnet many moons ago but whats the actual different between the two other than one is slightly cheaper?
is it worth switching to unlimited...am i still going to have the same peak slow speeds but download what i want off peak?
thinking of switching but if theres no point then ill stay as i am
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Unlimited or Option 1?

Assume you mean Premier Option 1?
I switched from that to unlimited and it's been OK.
Speeds are fine and no slower for me than Prem 1, PS3 downloads are about the same (i.e. not overly fast) .
You can compare them side by side here..http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping2.htm
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Tyreal74
Grafter

Stick as i am i think then thanks Adi
coastergrotto
Grafter

Since moving to Unlimited I have found downloading in the evening very slow.    I usually download Eggheads on the BBC iPlayer and often it isn't untl after midnight when it speeds up that the download finishes.
I am staying with a friend at present who has Virgin 10MB broadband and Eggheads downloads in 6 to 7 minutes in the evening on this connection.  I have just downloaded 4 films from Sky Anytime in around an hour on this connection.  Even after midnight I could not download at this speed on my Plusnet Unlimited connection.
I don't really have any issues with Plusnet Unlimited but download speeds are 'pants' compared to Virgin Media.