Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited V Extra

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Unlimited V Extra

Currently on the extra package and have the opportunity to switch to unlimited, is it a no brainer or are there any benefits of staying on the legacy package?  What's the general opinion of the technicolour router that gets provided? Just wondering if it's worth angling for a new one if I pay the p&p.
6 REPLIES 6
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Unlimited V Extra

Unlimited, as you say, pretty much a 'no-brainer'.  The router gets very mixed responses (largely negative about wi-fi performance though good for actual ADSL), maybe worth the cost if you want an emergency spare/backup anyway though my own preference is to buy a decent router with the features and specification I want and not to bother with ISP supplied routers (which are generally never going to be the best spec.)
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Cheers, just thought I'd check first. Sometimes with these things in the past you lost out on speeds at certain times to benefit from the extra usage.  Is there still a comparison of speeds and packages link still about somewhere?  I haven't looked into it for a while.  Do they still have the banding platinum gold etc or has that been done away with now? Surely there must still be some limiting of certain things at certain times unless pn have invested in a load of bandwidth lately.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

It's still there somewhere (can't recall exactly where at the moment - I'm sure someone will kindly link it).  IIRC the Unlimited package is 'better' all round, I've certainly not regretted to move.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the advice, looks like I'll be making the move. 
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Unlimited is, as the name suggests, unlimited - line speed at all times.  Traffic is still prioritised but that should only affect you if your own connection is maxed out - it ensures interactive/time critical traffic is given priority.
Pictorial side-by-side comparison is available by selecting the appropriate products in the Product Comparison Tool.
David
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, I managed to find it again as you were replying. Does look better all round.