cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Not Available | Needing to Cancel.

blackconverse

Re: Unlimited Not Available | Needing to Cancel.

Quote from: martynsingleton
I fully agree 60gb is not enough, i stream plenty and went well over 60gb, ive upped it to 120gb now, and even that i feel i have to tread carefully with.. shame they dont offer unlimited as BT do, considering they are under the same umbrella  Shocked

You should speak to Plusnet, and see if they can offer you unlimited broadband as their are customers who have been switched to unlimited once the service was no longer offered in general.
I personally spoke to Plusnet support this morning on the phone, and managed to be switched to their unlimited package. I am currently paying £24, and I have a phone service with them.
Bullet
Grafter

Re:
Firstly no I would not care to explain what I am downloading, and secondly that is between me, and Plusnet. There are laws against invading customers privacy.
60GB is not sufficient bandwidth as I have managed to use at least half of the bandwidth in less than a week.
And there are even stronger laws detailing what is legal and illegal!
If you think that what you are downloading is a private matter between yourself and Plusnet, then you are very much mistaken.
Sure, streaming films will require a massive download limit if used frequently and if these cannot be stored for playback later then the downloads would need to occur during a peak period, so yes an unlimited contract would be required. But if you are serious about downloading large amounts of data, in my experience, (with my 8Mbps connection), then these always have to happen at night anyway inorder to sustain the maximum download speed.
BRABUS
Grafter

So how much does unlimited cost then for a residential customer once they call the retentions team.  I wasn' t sure if your £24 a month was including your line rental etc?  Do you have to agree to another 12 or 24 month contract?
Anonymous
Not applicable

rodtrotter
Grafter

I called this number 0800 432 0200 today telling them I am finding it hard to keep within my 60gb usage what with 3 kids and I was told that 60gb was the best that they could do.
I am confused some customers seem to get offered 120gb or even unlimited why not me ?
Do I smell Or something ? Lol  Sad
Jonathan1988
Dabbler

I phoned at got unlimited the other day.  Was told I'd get it for £17 something at a discount rate for 12 months but its showing up as £25.42 in member centre.
rodtrotter
Grafter

I would be happy with that I guess my face just don't fit  Embarrassed
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

When you called in did you ask to speak to the Customer Options Team? (They are available 09:00-17:30 Monday to Friday.)
David
martynsingleton
Grafter

i called in and was also told unlimited not available to me.. i am a fibre user, maybe they have different rules for us fibre users ?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I bet they do indeed - imagine the damage you could do to the network loading
rodtrotter
Grafter

It's starting to look like they just make up the rules as they go along ps I am not a fibre user
martynsingleton
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
I bet they do indeed - imagine the damage you could do to the network loading

funny how a company like BT can offer it, on exactly the same equipment.. same lines..
WWWombat
Grafter

It is BT Retail that offer the unlimited package, and they have to pay BT Wholesale for the usage that their customers put over the core UK network - just like Plusnet have to pay BT Wholesale for the data that their users generate over the same core network.
Once it leaves BT Wholesale's network, and goes into, and through, the ISP's, then it is no longer on the same network.
The damage that Oldjim is talking about is the damage to the pipes from BT Wholesale into the ISP (which is chargeable) and within the ISP. Not damage within the core network.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

BT (Retail) will have loads of users who use BT just because they are BT. They will be paying full whack but only have minimal usage (probably less than 10GB) - these will be subsidising the heavy users.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Bullet
As you're probably aware we don't provide a product with usage over 60gb per se. As I'm sure you can guess from the other responses in this thread if it becomes a sticking point and you want to cancel due to this do contact the customer options team.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team