cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievable!!!!

ngfletcher1967
Grafter

Unbelievable!!!!

Had a fault  (FAULT - Dis One Leg In Network)     over a week ago which got fixed after 5 days which was quite quick. So I asked plusnet for a refund since I had no phone line and the broadband speed was very very slow and kept disconnection for about 20 mins to 30 mins at time all due to the fault. Customer service came back with offer a refund on line rental so i asked about the broadband element since that was affected by the fault and the slow speed made it just about unusable and I got this response back

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you for getting in touch.
I am sorry but having reviewed your broadband connection a large number of the drops in connection were not in relation to the phone fault on your account
76% of the drops on your line are logged as user requested drops, this is normally caused by the router being rebooted.
When a router is rebooted a number of times the exchange system will pick these up and adjust the line to try and prevent the drops this in turn will cause your speed to be reduced.
Due to this we would not be able to refund as the broadband service was being provided for the duration of the fault.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
If you are happy the fault has been resolved, there is no need to reply as the ticket will close automatically after 14 days. This reduces our ticket volumes and lowers our overall response time.

Kind regards,
link:csa removed
So he is saying the fault did not affect the broadband and is implying the slow speed was caused by me switching off the router!!! I did turn off the router about 3 or 4 times to try and increase the sync rate but that does not explain why I lost connection for 20 to 30 mins. So for 5 days i was with a very slow that meant I could not watch iplayer or films so I was paying for a service that I could not use as I wanted.
I expected better from plusnet and am very disappointed . Where is the good customer service I get on this forum and in the past has received form Plusnet.
adie:red csa name removed as per link:rules]
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Unbelievable!!!!

Looking in to this now, will reply to the ticket shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ngfletcher1967
Grafter

Thanks for your quick response. Sorry forgot to remove the name.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've fed that back to my team leader as the 'user requested' drops stat cannot be 100% relied upon.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Chris,
The agent's statement is interesting... I have noted before and asked but not had a reply.  The VR plots generally show a session close and session open pair, rarely a connection lost and session start pair, which is what would be expected when the link drops abnormally.
Is this due to incorrect processing in the VR plot program or is it indicative of a 'dying gasph' PPP session close being set when a router is powered down?  Hitherto I had thought that...
a) Session close could only be generated by a controlled disconnect
b) 'User requested' disconnect was only generated by a graceful PPP session drop,which is why we so often recommend using the graceful drop process before powering off a router.
Are you able to clarify / educate please?
Thanks,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.