cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievable slow broadband speed and lack of information from staff

Bedendo

Unbelievable slow broadband speed and lack of information from staff

It's been 5 days since I cannot have a minimum decent connection, making it impossible to access even the lightest websites (google.co.uk) properly. I have tried everything, from disconnecting all cables to factory reset.

I am getting (0.2 Mbps download speed by cable or wifi - when I was able to open the testing due to the slow connection). This which is far below the minimum guaranteed access line speed of 5.5Mbps promised.

I was in touch informing Plusnet that the problem is outstanding but had no answer on what is happening or how to solve it.

Really disappointing.

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Unbelievable slow broadband speed and lack of information from staff

Try & make contact with PN via CHAT link below.
CHAT needs your browser POP UP blocker to be turned off {for P Net URL's} for it to function.

Bedendo

Thanks, Gel.

I did this already first on Tuesday and every day since then.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Sorry to hear you're having connection issues.

I can see you reported a fault to us on the 14th and we've added a reply today. While we aim to respond to a fault ticket as quickly as we can, we'd advise on a 3 working day timeframe for a fault to be picked up and investigated.

Following the changes we've made I can see your router is in sync at a stable line speed of 19mbps. 

Can you advise if you're still having issues now?

If you are we'd recommend you first run a BTspeedtest at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com completing the further diagnostics at the end. This will store the result on the supplier system and aid us when reporting a fault to our suppliers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet