cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit access controls

JAQ

Unable to edit access controls

Hoping somebody can help.  We use the access controls on our 2704n router to make sure teens aren't up all night.  Had some problems at the weekend when my husband wanted to remove one control but wasn't able to.  I've just added a new device and want to edit the time set but I can't edit or delete any rules.  When I click the Apply button at the bottom of the page it flips very quickly to a page which show the IP address and I think says something about page not responding, reload.  Then almost instantly back to the log in page for advanced controls.  

Our admin password is not the one on the router, we have changed it, so it's not teens meddling..  I've tried rebooting PC and router and factory resetting router, no change.   I have called Plus net support, they told me to turn router off for an hour. Done that as well no change.  

4 REPLIES 4
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Unable to edit access controls

Hi @JAQ

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Safeguard.

Could you confirm that this happens across multiple devices and that you've deleted the cookies/temporary internet files from your web browser?

If the above doesn't work, could you please provide the error message and as much additional information as possible and we'll raise this to our network team on your behalf?

Best wishes

Dave

JAQ

Thank you Dave

I have tried that (desktop on ethernet) and it made no difference.  Tried with laptop on Wifi - same issue.  

A page flashes up saying this page isn't working and the IP address and then it goes straight back to the log in page.  

My husband tried to add a couple of controls for the XBox at the weekend.  One just shows as "null" in the time columns.  We can't delete or deactivate.  

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for letting me know @JAQ

It's certainly an odd one.

I've arranged for a new (different) router to be sent to you which also has access control built in - once this arrives, please let me know if you experience the same issue.

Best wishes

Dave

JAQ

Thank you @RandallFlagg.  I appreciate your help!  Might have to buy teenage son some extra data for his new phone in the meantime Smiley