cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to LoveFilm

kev46
Dabbler

Re: Unable to connect to LoveFilm

Couldn't connect to www.sysopt.com at all, www.thesun.co.uk loads to about 90% then hangs on 'Waiting for tcr.tynt.com', looks like the same problem to me!
htid85
Dabbler

Yep I had the tynt.com message too - I looked them up and they're just a tracer site to let site owners know what their visitors are doing and clicking on etc. That's only on thesun.co.uk though, the others just hang on "Waiting for..."
What router are you using? I hope it's different to mine, otherwise I'll be thinking it's the router... it's an Edimax AR-7284WnA.
If yours is different, then it must be Plusnet, perhaps a DNS issue? It worked fine for me at first, but the only things I've changed are, I've activated UPnP, and I've forwarded some ports for Xbox Live - that's it. Live is fine by the way.
Can a CSC please assist on this? It's not the biggest problem in the world but it's rather random and makes browsing quite selective!
thanks
Matt
kev46
Dabbler

Matt, I have a Netgear DGN1000 router but have just successfully connected to lovefilm.com using a Thomson TG585 v7 router. So it looks like the fault is something common to both our routers and not Plusnet.
Unfortunetly this is what I get using Netgear's Diagnostics -

PING 194.117.2.100 (194.117.2.100): 56 data bytes
--- 194.117.2.100 ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

kev46
Dabbler

Matt, do a 'restore factory settings' reset on the router then step-by-step add your services and firewall rules back in (I only had a uTorrent TCP/UDP port open). This has worked for me, I am now able to connect to lovefilm.com, thesun.co.uk, verisign.co.uk etc.  Smiley
htid85
Dabbler

Ah that's good news mate - I'll give it a go a bit later, it's bound to be something I clicked that I shouldn't have, or something I forgot to tick that I should have!
I'm out until about 9pm but will try later and let you know - thanks for the update, and congrats on getting it sorted Smiley
Matt
vicster

I can pretty much never connect to lovefilm from the PC, but CAN from an itouch.  (over the same wireless network)  /baffled
tried with both IE and firefox (windows 7)
personally I think it's more likely to be lovefilm being poo
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Or an RWIN/MTU/Packet fragmentation problem vicster?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Alxns
Grafter

Maybe try a different web browser?
i know its a longshot but i've found some pages load fine in firefox or opera.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

The OP said they'd tried multiple browsers, not sure about vicster though?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵