cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to browse

scubarew
Grafter

Unable to browse

I've had no connection since 11pm last night and I'm on the 21CN trial.
Or to be more specific, I've been unable to make use of the Internet since then, although my router is happily synching and authenticating.
CSC have done the usual checks, found no fault on the line (not really surprising) and bounced it back to me saying it's likely to be a fault at my end.
I've done all the usual, connected the router to the test socket without anything else attached, replaced the filters and no success.
If it was as simple as the connection dropping and being unable to resync I'd accept a fault at my end but all the diagnostics on the router say is is connecting successfully, it just can't access the default gateway or nameservers.
Any ideas?
If all else fails tomorrow I'll have to purchase a new router to try but I'd rather not.
5 REPLIES 5
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Unable to browse

Can you ping your router?
What happens if you enter your routers address in your browser - something like 192.168.1.1 - where thost last two numbers may well be different?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

It's not this issue again is it http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,76537.0.html
Can you check what public IP address your router is getting ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

scubarew
Grafter

Cruicible - I can connect to the router just fine, it responds as normal and shows a stable connection
MisterW - I'll check that when I'm back at home just in case.
Plusnet have advised me to borrow a router from a friend or relative - easier said than done of course - it's not like they're going to have spare ones lying around - not my rellies anyway.
Thanks
James
Grafter

Hi there,
If it's not possible for you to borrow a router, we can happily have one sent out on loan for you.
scubarew
Grafter

Bizarrely, I've come home from work today and everything is working perfectly again.
I guess we shall never know what the problem was! I blame BT.