Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Connect to some website e.g. inntravel.co.uk

bobmanekshaw
Grafter

Unable to Connect to some website e.g. inntravel.co.uk

Hi,

I have a PlusNet Hub One ( Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 10/03/19 ) which is generally OK although the internet does keep droping out from time to time and hi speed wifi isnt great. My current problem is that I cannot view https://inntravel.co.uk/ (either using the secure or non secure version). It doesnt seem to matter what browser I use and both my laptop and desktop (both running Windows 10) give the same error. My phone connected to the same wifi network seems to load the page properly. I have tried to ping the site.

Pinging inntravel.co.uk [104.26.11.179] with 32 bytes of data:
General failure.
General failure.
General failure.
General failure.

Ping statistics for 104.26.11.179:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

I have cleared the cache and checked the hosts file

Having searched the internet, one of the common problems seems to be hub firmware and sometimes the MTU size which I cannot adjust on this hub as far as I can see.  I also cannot determine whether I am on the latest hub firmware version - there do seem to be later versions mentioned here but my hub may not be the right hardware level. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Unable to Connect to some website e.g. inntravel.co.uk

Do you have safeguard switched on? I can connect to the site fine on my PN connection and using VPN.

One other option you could try is to change the DNS one one device to use google or some other and see if that resolves it.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bobmanekshaw
Grafter

Thanks for your help. I got the same problem when I took my laptop to a different location and ISP.  Disabling the firewall fixed the problem. It would appear the McAfee had decided that there was something suspicious about the site and blocked the IP address. They have now unblocked it for me.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @bobmanekshaw,

Thank you for letting us know that this problem was caused by McAfee, I'm glad to hear that this is sorted now. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you experience any further connection problems or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team