Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UMA Priority

praethon
Grafter

UMA Priority

Hi,
Can anyway advise what priority UMA is given on the network? VoIP, on my tariff, is titanium, and I have no problem with that. UMA on the other hand is virtually unusable via PN, but works without problem on other networks, almost without exception.
Stuart
5 REPLIES 5
itsme
Grafter

Re: UMA Priority

Are you sure that it's not your router that causing the problem? With routers running DD-WRT firmware the following has to be done
Enable wireless multimedia support: (This should prioritize your cell phone calls and help your phone to use less power)
  1. Enable WMM support in the advanced wireless tab (the default WMM settings should be fine)
Note that at least with T-Mobile, Blackberry software 4.5.0.81, and 24preSP2 build 12533, you need to change WMM default setting of No Acknowledgment from Disable to Enable, or the Blackberry will fail to connect with a 010 error.
  1. Log on to the router via telnet/ssh type 'wl -i $(nvram get wl0_ifname) wme' (the command should return 1 if everything is successful)
praethon
Grafter

No problem with the router. It comes pre-configured for VoIP/UMA access. I have been using the UMA service for some time now but the service when routed through PN is quite distorted/choppy most of the time. As I said, when I use it on other networks, most frequently on Virgin Trains, the service is faultless. In support of the router, I use UMA at my firend's house, who has the same router, but is with a different ISP, and again the service is perfect.
Stuart
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Best thing you could try to do is a wireshark capture
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mand
Grafter

As adiewoo has said, if you could run a Wireshark we can check that everything is as it should be.
godsell4
Rising Star

The UMA connection is going to look like VPN to the Ellanoya, so if you are on BB+, Value or BBYW1 it could be throttled a little, but should still be fast enough for voice data.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed