cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP/TCP

mwtp

UDP/TCP

Hi, I am trying to data stream on port 8014 for UDP and port 8015 for TCP and cannot make connections.
Was wondering if Plusnet have denied access to these ports due to possible "attacks"
Regards
Mark
3 REPLIES 3
Vip3r
Grafter

Re: UDP/TCP

Hi and welcome to the forum.
The simple answer is No plusnet do not block any ports.
Slightly more complex answer: you can turn on the option to block some ports in the member centre under "Connection Settings", "Broadband Firewall"
Link: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall
Can you explain a bit more about what you are doing?
Are you Running a server of some sort that you want others to be able to connect to? If so have you setup port mapping / forwarding on your router?
Or are you trying to connect to somebody else's server?
Regards
Dave.
mwtp

Hi Dave, Thanks for the prompt reply. I am trying to setup a client/server on a ham radio network.
Have been trying most of this afternoon and so far got it working on my "local" LAN/WiFi network.
The problem is trying to connect to the outside via the ports. I have configured my router for forwarding
but still have problems.
Going to leave it for tonight and have a think tomorrow.
Cheers
Mark
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Are you trying to test this from within your network using your external IP address? If so, most routers will just block the connection as they don't understand what you are trying to do.
You need to either test the connection yourself outside your network or get someone else to try.