cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitch.TV Streaming problem

deathtrap
Grafter

Twitch.TV Streaming problem

At around 2:30 am i tried to watch a video ,in fact i tried several videos on Twitch.tv  All started by streaming ok, but the stream stops downloading content  after a short time, once the video reaches the end of the buffered data it simply stops, I tried downloading it , again this failed, it downloaded 29mb of data then stopped my last attempt was 39seconds out of a 1hr 57mins video
Are there any other Plusnet customers experiencing similar issues with twitch.tv ? or would someone be so kind as to test by trying to watch a video
Update The problem seems to of resolved it's self, so may of been  some intermittent problem, but when i last checked the same video's where buffering as they should, so for now streaming is working
3 REPLIES 3
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Twitch.TV Streaming problem

To be honest, It's League Of Legends championship that is doing it. Twitch just doesn't have the capacity to provide a decent service during those periods.
It also depends on which quality you view, if you view the source, your stream is provided direct from the caster, if you use high, medium, or low, these are transcoded streams provided direct from Twitch (usually buffer free).
Most casters don't realise that the source is fed directly from them, so generally stream at 2000+ Kbps - Which most people can't view.
Things would have got better after the League of Legends matches finished.
Hope this helps,
Matt
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

there was network maint on the backhaul in wales last night and again tonight so chances are that will be affecting the network,
the issues will likely go away once the work is fully completed ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Give us a shout if anyone notices issues with that again.
If you do a wireshark capture might help us out.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team