cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off interleaving

gwyn50

Turning off interleaving

Hi, I have recently requested interleaving be turned off via the member centre... is there anywhere I can check the setting to make sure it has been completed and I'm now on fast path?  Using a Thomson TG585 v7 router but cannot see a path mode setting on it  :-
Any help appreciated.
Update:As in my last post it seems I still have interleaving on, contacted customer service via the member centre again who had told me it had been switched off.  Apparently it was only set to automatic, they have now requested it off which is due to be completed Aug 5th, although they said they expected the line may be unstable but well see.
4 REPLIES 4
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Where to find interleaving/path mode setting info?

Sorry, I don't know if that particular router has easy access to the information you require though I think Routerstats does display it with this model.
Another simple option is to ping bbc,co,uk, if you get a ping much less than 20ms then you can pretty well conclude that you're on Fast Path (I have interleaving off and typically get a ping between 13 and 16ms to bbc,co.uk), when interleaved my typical ping to the same address was 22 to 26ms.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Alternatively check the FEC error count. If it stays at zero you are on Fast Path. If it doesn't then it's Interleaved.
David
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@walker23 the ping check is dependent on the line length, my own which is fairly long averages 30 when on fast path and 50ish when interleaved.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
gwyn50

Thanks for all replies, have downloaded routerstats and it is still showing as interleaved as suspected (I requested it off last Friday) :
Modemstate                   :  Up
xDSL Type                    :  ADSL
xDSL Standard                :  ITU-T G.992.1
xDSL Annex                   :  Annex A
Channel Mode                 :  Interleaved
Uptime (days hh:mm:ss)       :  1 day, 14:12:47
Ping to bbc.co.uk is 32ms on average at moment too and showing FEC errors.