cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Interleaving

bblx19081
Dabbler

Turn off Interleaving

DLM has turned on Interleaving on my ADSL line. Please turn it off permanently.

I think this requires turning off DLM too otherwise it would change Interleaving again, I wouldn't mind having DLM adjust other settings as long as it doesn't turn on Interleaving. Assuming I cannot have DLM adjust other settings like SNR while not letting it turn on Interleaving, please set downstream SNR to 9dB, upstream to 3dB, or both to 3dB if DS and US cannot be set independently.

I may need to change SNR several times to determine a good value in FastPath (non-Interleaving) mode. What's the range of SNR that can be set manually for upstream and downstream respectively?

Interleaving was previously discussed here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Phone-and-ADSL-switched-today-but-no-Internet/m-p/1669453#M12...

7 REPLIES 7
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Turn off Interleaving

Hi @bblx19081,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry for any problems that you're experiencing with your connection at the moment and for any inconvenience that the line settings are causing you.

It's not possible for us to keep dynamic line management on for the SNR margin but not the interleaving, I'm afraid. I've turned interleaving off and have changed your down and upstream SNR margins to 9bds and 3db respectively. You should notice a difference within the next 48 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
bblx19081
Dabbler

Hi @EmilyD 

Thanks for turning off Interleaving. What's the range of SNR that can be set manually for upstream and downstream respectively?

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @bblx19081 we can set SNR in increments of 3. Generally 3 - 12 on the Downstream and 3 - 9 for the upstream.

Technically speaking we can go higher but it's not something we'd ever recommend as if such a high level of error protection is involved, it's likely there's an underlying issue causing a problem.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Are you people sure that you can't turn interleaving on or off without turning off the DLM for the target SNRM?

It used to be the case that interleaving could be set to always on, always off, or auto, and this was completely independent of the DLM adjusting the target SNRM. I also thought that the available upstream target SNRM values were 6 and 9, but not 3.

bblx19081
Dabbler

I thought Interleaving could be toggled without turning off DLM as suggested here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Broadband-and-phone-to-be-switched-on-different-dates/m-p/166...

I also saw that my US SNR was around 6dB after the change, so you may be right that there could be something that prevents it from going below 6dB.

I now have a bigger problem, my line worked quite well after turning off Interleaving for a few hours, then the line lost ADSL signal (according to router) and the signal hasn't come back. I had a live chat with customer service and I was told there's a fault on my line (voice service may be affected too as I was told) and it would be fixed on around 12th-Sep. I've never had problems with my line for over a decade, I wonder whether the fault could be related to this Interleaving/DLM change given the timing of the two events. Moreover, is it normal for it to take 2 days to fix the problem?

bblx19081
Dabbler

The fault is

Fault Type: NDT
Test Results: Dis in exchange

The time estimate was given by OpenReach

They have advised an estimated response time of 12/09/19
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @bblx19081

It's highly likely that the line fault is what was causing your DLM to fluctuate. The DLM is essentially there to protect against standard interference based on the normal parameters of your line. Naturally, when there's a fault, this will keep changing as it tries to compensate for the issues the line is experiencing.

When the fault is resolved, the DLM should then normalise.

With regards to the turnaround time, our suppliers always give a standard 2 day ERT with external phone faults like this. It's only an estimate and there are cases where this is resolved sooner.