Did you mean: 

Turn off DLM

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Turn off DLM

Hi @bbpn 

It's difficult to say whether DLM is switched off or not as there's no indication our side to advise this either way. Ultimately though the noise margin is a lot higher than we'd expect and this isn't something we'd have control over I'm afraid. Sad

Apart from looking at the stats are you experiencing any performance problems?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bbpn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi @Gandalf ,

Thanks for your reply.

Well the DS margin is a lot higher because that's what I've set on my router, the US margin is a little higher than necessary. There isn't a performance problem, apart from not getting the full US speed that my line could support.

I have another question, assuming DLM was turned on, and it detected that my line could support higher speed, how would it apply the new setting/profile to my line? Would it resynchronize the connection (resulting in disconnection) to apply the change or wait for the connection to drop (e.g. router restarted by user) and then apply it?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Ah fair, thanks for the clarification @bbpn 

If DLM needs to intervene it’d generally force your connection to resync disconnecting it. Let us know how your troubleshooting and if you need any further advice Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet