Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get a better understanding of ADSL2+ 21CN and exchanges

munkimatt
Grafter

Trying to get a better understanding of ADSL2+ 21CN and exchanges

Hi all
I'm hoping this is the right section to post in, it's more of a general question than a technical problem.
Through conversations with friends of friends I've heard that a lot of the ongoing BT work around Barrow-in-Furness is relating to our exchange being upgraded. I looked on Sam Knows and under our exchange it shows that "BT Wholesale WBC has set an enablement date of 31/03/2010 for the Barrow-in-furness exchange" (http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/LCBAR)
Now I've looked around and tried to understand it, do I take it that from 31/03/2010 (if it's on schedule still  Roll_eyes I would potentially access to the 20Mbps service from Plusnet?
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Trying to get a better understanding of ADSL2+ 21CN and exchanges

I wouldn't hold your breath concerning that enablement date. Your exchange isn't in the schedule provided by BT which Plusnet have reproduced here (exchange codes in the left-hand column).
BT withdrew the previous list of enablement dates, but sites such as Samknows still show it.
David
prichardson
Grafter

The Samknows data is very out of date.
IIRC, it's showing data from back in September and from what I can also make out, the dates have been removed from the actual data, but no news item added.
munkimatt
Grafter

Ah, my hopes and dreams dashed...thanks for the info though guys.