Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Troubleshooting

A quickie!
Is there a text/offline version of the troubleshooter's questions and work through?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Troubleshooting

We don't I'm afraid. Where as the diagnostics may vary depending on the type of fault we'd always advise where possible trying an alternate router, filter and cables, connecting to the test socket where possible, testing to make sure PSTN (landline phone) is working fine (i.e there's a dial tone and no excessive noise) and to use the BT speed tester site if a speed fault is being reported: http://www.speedtester.bt.com.
If you're ever dealing with a fault covering those bases first would be the most helpful thing to do.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Hero

Hi Adam. Actually it wasn't for me, but your advice confirms what I have told someone with problems is on right lines. Thanks.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

...actually it appears we do have some troubleshooting guides on the portal: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/?source=keymatch
I've bookmarked that myself Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Hero

Thks :will look see! Smiley