Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to change plan

mikko
Grafter

Tried to change plan

Hi,
I've been trying since Feb 15th to change my plan from Metronet Option 1 to Option 3. Firstly by going through the online process. This resulted in an email confirming that my account had been changed. That was before my billing date. The change did not take effect so after my billing date I sent 2 replies (to older posts, same topic) to Jameseh (James Bailey), both of which do not appear in 'my messages'. I returned to UK 2 days after my billing date and there was no usage until yesterday. Trouble is, my usage may be quite high this month so I'd like to be on option 3 from 19th Feb. (billing date) to avoid the traffic shaping.
Please help,
Mikko  Shocked
8 REPLIES 8
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Tried to change plan

PM's that you send will only be saved to your outbox if you tick "save message to outbox" before you send it .

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I recommend setting Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default under Personal Message Options in your profile.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
I've changed the account to Option 3 for you, and have waived the pro-rata fee in light of the issues you've had getting this sorted.
Gimme a shout if there's anything else I can do for you. Smiley
mikko
Grafter

OK and thanks.
If i wanted to change to, say, PlusNet unlimited would I have to get a MAC and would I be entitled to the free wireless router?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

MAC required? Definitely not - someone else asked the same question a few days ago.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Hi Mikko,
No, you wouldn't need a MAC Code - Because Plusnet already has ownership of the broadband on your telephone line in a general sense of the word, we're able to transfer the service from Metronet to Plusnet quite easily.
You would however need to sign up for a Plusnet dial up account if you wanted to do so.
Give me a shoult if this is something that you would like to do and I can send you a link.
mikko
Grafter

Someone mentioned an 18 month contract although i couldn't find it myself in PN's T&C's.
Is it really an 18 month contract with PN unlimited?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The contract duration for Plusnet Unlimited is 18 months as stated here. A reduced rate of £11.99 applies for 3 months, then £15.99 (Market 3 exchanges), £19.99 otherwise.
For existing customers (which I assume includes MetroNet transfers, though Plusnet would need to confirm that) the duration will, on request, be reduced to 12 months provided no hardware or house move is taken. You enquired about a free wireless router (£6.99 p&p still applies) earlier so if you took that the duration would be 18 months.
David