cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trees fouling BT line

twentythree
Grafter

Re: Trees fouling BT line

Thanks Mand - this is the line I have been taking with the BT engineers. The last engineer I spoke to did mention noise being caused by broadband but I explained that the noise was heard with just a corded telephone attached to the test socket. I've made sure that all of the broadband kit was unplugged and hidden away when the BT engineers visit too - all they see is the phone attached to the standard NTE that the first engineer installed.
Mand
Grafter

Yeah, it's best that way to keep things simple. Smiley
twentythree
Grafter

Hi Mand,
Please can you confirm that the BT engineer is booked for this afternoon (PM slot) and that he will be carrying out the full Hawk pair quality test?
He told me he would come back this afternoon when we spoke on the phone on Friday but I have had no confirmation of the appointment from PN.
Mand
Grafter

Just getting this confirmed for you now.
Mand
Grafter

And confirmed, for this afternoon.
twentythree
Grafter

Thanks Mand!
twentythree
Grafter

I can't believe this! An engineer has just arrived - he isn't the same engineer I spoke to on Friday and he can't do a quality pair test! He's not even a local engineer as he told me he's on loan. He did the usual line test and left. What a total waste of time. I'm sure this visit will have cost PN money.
I asked and was told that the engineer would carry out the full Hawk pair quality test but this did not happen. What the hell do I have to do to make this happen?!?  Angry
Mand
Grafter

Angry
This is getting silly now, I've got someone escalating this as we speak.
twentythree
Grafter

Any news from BT? My ticket hasn't been updated since I reported the failed visit today so I can only assume nothing has happened yet...
twentythree
Grafter

Still no news... Is a BT engineer coming tomorrow to do the job they were supposed to do today? i.e. a full Hawk pair quality test???
twentythree
Grafter

Mand?
Please can you give me an update? It has all gone quiet on the ticket and I have no idea what is actually happening.
Mand
Grafter

Thanks for your time on the phone just now, hopefully we can get it sorted with a change of direction.
twentythree
Grafter

Thank you for the call Mand. Sorry if I sound arsey on here, I've just been incredibly frustrated by how long this is taking to resolve. From what you said, it sounds like this will be passed over to BT as a broadband fault. Here's hoping they'll get it sorted soon.
Mand
Grafter

Yep, it's already been tested and raised, we'll see what comes back but I'm expecting an engineer appointment.
twentythree
Grafter

Thanks Mand.
I still don't understand how BT claim to have done a Hawk pair quality test yesterday as the engineer who came to the flat definitely didn't do this. Have you seen the results of the test? Can't understand how it can have been done at the exchange as it requires a remote unit at the other end of the line to work... Anyway, as long as things are progressing I'll not worry about it too much.