Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring to Plusnet

iballsas
Grafter

Transferring to Plusnet

Hi all,
I hope someone can help. We're in the process of transferring our fibre broadband service to plusnet. We are currently with BT and have their Homehub 4 router.
I'm a little nervous, having read reviews, about using the supplied plusnet router, by all accounts the strength of signal etc is not as good as the HH4.
I understand it is possible to use the HH4 with the new plusnet service. However, having searched the site and google I'm struggling to understand exactly what I need to do.
I would be very grateful if someone could explain (in such a way that an idiot would understand) how I go about completing this.
Do I need to connect the Plusnet router up first once the transfer date arrives, or can I simply alter settings on my HH4 to use the plusnet service? Transfer dates is imminent so I want to be able to get this working from the beginning if possible (it's taken plusnet 8 weeks so far to get us transferred, I'm hoping the service once we're connected begins to improve as I haven't been impressed so far!)
Any help gratefully received.
Regards
4 REPLIES 4
iballsas
Grafter

Re: Transferring to Plusnet

Apologies,
I think this link http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/using-a-bt-homehub-3-or-2-on-plusnet-adsl-or-fttc/ answers my question. You always find what you're looking for once you've asked the question!
Sorry
My only other questions are whether this can be done as soon as the plusnet service is active, or does the plusnet router need to be connected first? and will the WiFi name etc remain the same for the hub or will I need to reconfigure everything which has wireless connection to it?
Thanks
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

You don't need to connect the Plusnet router first, your wi-fi name/password will stay 'as-is'.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
davidwalker900
Grafter

i use the home hub 4 and it does work with plusnet
davidwalker900
Grafter

http://192.168.1.254/ then go to Settings use the admin password that comes with the router then you put in your Broadband username and password and press connect thats how you connect a home hub 4 to plusnet