Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer to 21C Network/REIN Problem [RESOLVED]

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Transfer to 21C Network/REIN Problem

If you've narrowed down the source of the interference to one house, and whoever lives there is cooperative, you might be able to find the source with their help by trial and error switching things on and off - although it might involve a lot of going back and forth to check the stats unless you could access them remotely somehow.
Also the REIN engineer probably won't be responsible for getting the offending item repaired or replaced once it is found.
gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Just had another update on my ticket and to say I'm unhappy would be an understatement.
[Thanks for your patience. I've called the REIN team this morning and I've been advised that the REIN engineers manager was out again on Friday ahead of the engineer coming back of annual leave today. The manager has stated that the source of the REIN has been identified (unfortunately all they could advise me is that it's coming from a 3rd party premises)/quote]
Hmmm, the premises was identified on the 10th July, see reply #153 of this thread.
A letter will be sent out today to them requesting access. If access is granted the REIN engineer / manager can investigate further and look to resolve this issue once and for all. However, if access is not granted then the issue will have to go to the REIN teams dispute resolution team and this can be a timely process.

Since the premises was identified on the 10th July why was a letter not sent then ?
Seems to me that absolutely nothing has been done since the 10th July. It brings into question how the REIN engineer was supposed to have been working on this problem on the 1st August. How could he have done anything if they are only now sending out a letter requesting access.
BTOR seem to be able to say anything and Plusnet just accept it as truth.
It's been 2 months now since I opened my faults ticket and still no end in sight and now I have to wait at least another week before any action will be taken. Sad
meanwhile I'm still waiting for the email to see if Plusnet want me to pay more for this fiasco Sad
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'll get this pushed back with our faults team to see if we can progress this any quicker as it seems a letter to access the premises is required, it would have been made easier if this had been requested earlier so there was no delay now, but this was not the case.

gtowen
Rising Star

OK I am seriously not impressed at the moment. Suffered multiple disconnects today so decided to check my complaints ticket to see if there's anything going on. An update was due for tomorrow but my ticket has disappeared. Checked closed tickets for the last 7 days and my complaints ticket is not there, despite the fact I checked for updates yesterday. Sad
After been fobbed off for the last month if this is Plusnet's new tool to try and make me start again they have another thing coming. I downloaded and saved a copy of my ticket and that will soon be on its way to Ofcom.
Enough is enough, I've tried to be fair but if Plusnet cannot see through BTOR lies and keep charging me for a shoddy service then I have no other option but to make a formal complaint Sad
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

How many tickets do you have open? I think some of them disappear from view if there are more than four. They will reappear when some are closed.
David
gtowen
Rising Star

I've only had the one open which this thread is attached to.
Checked the closed tickets in the last 7 days and the only ones showing are the end of the month notices about bandwidth reset and money coming out by direct debit.
Nothing about my ongoing interference problem Sad
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

This needs to be picked up by the Digital Care Team who will be here again in the morning. Have Plusnet been in touch privately since the DCT post on 19/08/2013?
David
gtowen
Rising Star

The last update on my ticket was on Wednesday 28/08/13 saying that the REIN Team had no reply to their letter and would give it another 5 days before sending out a recorded letter.
Next update was due for tomorrow, 04/09/13
My ticket hasn't been closed, it has disappeared as if it didn't exist Sad
gtowen
Rising Star

To add insult to injury, I can no longer access my Plusnet email account. If I click on login a box appears at the top stating
CAPTCHA verification empty!

never noticed a captcha box before Sad
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Email servers are having a bit of a problem at the moment, see the thread in the email section here.
That's RPM to you!!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,118008.0.html
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
gtowen
Rising Star

Thank you RPMozely and Strat for the info Smiley
gtowen
Rising Star

The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Thursday 12th September at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the CSC - Faults - WC until this time.

As usual, no update from Plusnet despite their promises........
It seems Plusnets motto should be changed to "Give us your money and we'll give you lies" Sad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi gtowen,
That's honestly really not the case. We can only provide you with information and updates to problems, as and when we have them. We'd rather give you appropriate updates when we have them rather than fill you with false promises. I understand that you would like to be kept in the loop, however, in instances such as these (REIN) it's difficult for us to get a hold of things.
BT Openreach are investigating the REIN Case as a gesture of goodwill. The REIN issue is outside of both Plusnet's and BT Openreach's control unfortunately. Priority will go to customers who have line faults in the first instance before looking at such REIN cases. We really cannot help if a third party is using equipment that is causing interference with your connection.
As we have promised from the start, we will continue to chase for updates and get the required investigation done with our suppliers as and when this can be done. I don't want you to feel like we aren't doing anything because we really are, it's not the easiest of faults to resolve and I hope you can understand why this is the case. Please bear with us and we'll do all we can for you.
gtowen
Rising Star

Thank you for your reply Chris but I stand by what I've said. Plusnet only seem to react when prodded. I was told the REIN team only give updates on a Tuesday, so as it is now Thursday, either there was an update or Plusnet never bothered to check. Even a "no news yet" reply is an update. Saying nothing only gives rise to my frustration and the feeling that nothing is been done Sad
Priority will go to customers who have line faults in the first instance before looking at such REIN cases

It may not be a line fault but REIN is still a problem, if this is how priorities are dealt with then logically speaking, Installation will take priority over fixing faults, since those with faults are already paying for the privilege, and installation brings more money into the coffers Sad
Anyway, setting that aside, the reason for my need for an update is because for the last few days the main interference "SEEMS" to have disappeared. The FEC errors are now averaging approx. 2000 per min, which is a big drop from 500,000 per min.
As such I need to know if the REIN team have actually fixed the problem before I request a line reset.
Regards Gerwyn
[UPDATE] Thank you, seems an update was obtained this morning Smiley and with useful info:
Thanks for your patience. I've spoken to the REIN team this morning and they have advised that the case was passed to the REIN engineer yesterday so I presume that the 3rd party had replied to their letters sent requesting access. I've been advised the next review date is 17/09/13.

This is all I ask for. Hopefully by the 17/09/13 there will be good news and the problem will have been solved. Smiley