Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Transfer to 21C Network

Ok ta Anotherone, I've sent you a private message Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Ok based on that ticket response, I add this to the front of the above suggested reply -
The original estimate was no doubt for a 20CN ADSL1 connection which in no way reflects the expected speed on 21CN which should be around 16.5Mbps which the line has achieved until the Interference caused the Target SNRM to be raised.
Here some Modem/Router stats from previously showing the speed nearly at 16.5Mbps -
DSL Connection

Uptime:   0 days, 2:45:16
DSL Type:   ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:   444 / 15.551
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]:   179,80 / 1,51
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:   12,8 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:   14,1 / 27,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:   32,7 / 5,7
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote):   TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote):   BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):   8 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):   1 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):   0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):   -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):   437 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):   0 / 18.549.916
CRC Errors (Up/Down):   0 / 3.192
HEC Errors (Up/Down):   0 / 10.774
Further more, the Indicative Line quality is showing as Amber and the MTBE is showing as 7 seconds, so there is no way you can claim there is nothing wrong.
gtowen
Rising Star

Ok, ticket updated, will await a response and hopefully a solution Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gtowen,
Just wanted to attach what we see when we test the line, it's at the bottom. We're not seeing any of the errors you are, so there's something funny going on somewhere...
gtowen
Rising Star

I do understand that you are seeing no errors Matt, in fact I'm certain that a test was just done on my line a few minutes ago. I know this because my line disconnected for a few minutes which seems to happen each time you do a test. But as you can see from the graphs I've attached there is no interference at the moment. While previously I could set my watch by the times the interference started and stopped it seems to be more random and has quietened down over the weekend. This as anotherone has pointed out doesn't mean the problem is solved.
Please note on your graph that my SNRM is up at 15db.......... does this not indicate there is a problem :(.
Please also note the graphs I have posted on reply #100, #102 and #103 ........... believe me I'm not spending time on photoshop making up these graphs. Something is causing this interference which has resulted in an increase in SNRM and a decrease in download speed. I did post on here after your last tests to say the interference had started not long after your tests but no further test was done then Sad
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've asked Chris Pettitt to pick this one up for you, hoping there'll be an update shortly.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hey gtowen,
I'll pick this up for you. Matt's just had a quick chat with me and I'm sure I can get things rolling. If you could allow a bit of time to get a full understanding of the problem and to raise this issue directly with our suppliers, that'd be great.
I'll let you know when I've got a bit more information for you.
gtowen
Rising Star

Ok thanks Matt, Chris. Will wait to see an update. If there's anything further I can do please let me know Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Matt
Hi gtowen,
Just wanted to attach what we see when we test the line, it's at the bottom. We're not seeing any of the errors you are, so there's something funny going on somewhere...

And of course the ILQ has changed to Green since the previous response on the ticket and the MTBE has improved - simply because the Interference isn't present when the line was tested. For a line that should achieve around 16.5Mbps with that Loop loss, the MSR/FTR is abysmal which is also indicative of the problems that have been present especially during the last Line Retrain.
Anyway, have every confidence that Chris Pettitt will get to the bottom of this.
gtowen
Rising Star

[Update]             (Started)                   (Stopped)                (SNRM)
01/07/2013        19:45hrs                   23:45hrs                    15db
02/07/2013        19:00hrs                   19:10hrs                    14.3db
02/07/2013        19:30hrs                    20:00hrs                    14.1db
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm just raising this issue now.
In the first instance, we are going to need to arrange for an engineer to come out before it can be passed directly to the REIN Team.
I'll update your ticket shortly. If you could add your availability, that would be great! Smiley
gtowen
Rising Star

Hi Chris, no problem with availability, I'm unemployed atm and available anytime. Smiley  To aid in the timing of any tests on my line I've taken to adding the start/stop times of any interference which I will update as and when necessary Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Brilliant, I'll head back and book the next available appointment for you Smiley
Edit: I've updated your ticket with the appointment date and time I've arranged for you.
gtowen
Rising Star

Thank you Chris, no problem with the appointment. I've set up my laptop to monitor the line using dslstats so the engineer can see proof of whats happening Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Excellent, well, fingers crossed we're on the road to getting this resolved.