cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training period

richandsian
Grafter

Training period

I'm syncing at around 2Mb and the profile is consistent with that, which seems a little low to me.
My broadband was activated but I wasn't able to get a connection for some weeks later (something to do with the property not having had broadband before). Is it possible I missed the training period and does anyone know if that matters?
I get that I may just be a long way from the exchange and this may be just about as quick as I'm going to get.
3 REPLIES 3
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Training period

Check out your "likely" speed at Kitz - www.kitz.co.uk and use the Broadband Availability Checker.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
One of the key characteristics in line statisctics is something called the downstream line attenuation.  we can use this to et a good idea of how far away from your exchange you are.
Yours is 63dB, which is quite a fair distance from your exchange and the speeds you are getting for that sort of distance are actually pretty reasonable.
Going by this site, whilst your line length as the crow flies is only1.88km, I'd imagine that your line takes a really roundabout route (round the house as it were) from your master socket to your telephone exchange.
Sorry I can't be the bearer of better news!
richandsian
Grafter

Fair enough, so long as I'm making the best of it. Smiley