cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic Management system (64987)- UPDATE

fatdeeman
Grafter

Re: Traffic Management system (64987)- UPDATE

For what it's worth, the problems I am experiencing seem much worse than I would get with traffic management, a lot of pages just time out completely.
adele
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Whether moaning is justified or not, when it is a known problem and Plusnet have posted a service status announcement on this page: http://status.plus.net, and this, and on the RSS status feed http://usertools.plus.net/status/status.xml and emailed everyone who has signed up to Service Status Email Updates here and there are multiple threads started all which have been pointed to the same information, I'm not sure what additional moans achieve?

They don't achieve anything. I just want to know why I've been affected when nothing on the updates apply to me. If they applied to me then I'd not have a problem and wouldn't have even mentioned it here. But they don't so why am I affected by this? The updates really do need to suggest that everyone is possibly affected if that's the case. As it stands, when people who according to the updates shouldn't be affected are, then it does appear that restrictions have been deliberately set in place.
KaotiK
Grafter

I just find it annoying that everything was fine, but because i got disconected (that was probably down to this problem aswell?) im now on the rubbish traffic thing :S why should that happen when it was fine before that happened.
I understand the need to do certain things to fix problems but like DM says the people who shouldnt be on restrictions get it anyway, just frutrating i guess.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: adele
They don't achieve anything. I just want to know why I've been affected when nothing on the updates apply to me.

Can you confirm that your router shows you have been connected continuously since before 9pm last night?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi adele,
As Jelv suspects, you have disconnected and reconnected since last night and therefore are prone to the same restrictions as everyone else.
Jojo Smiley
adele
Grafter

Quote from: adele
They don't achieve anything. I just want to know why I've been affected when nothing on the updates apply to me.

Can you confirm that your router shows you have been connected continuously since before 9pm last night?

Yes  Smiley 
adele
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
Hi adele,
As Jelv suspects, you have disconnected and reconnected since last night and therefore are prone to the same restrictions as everyone else.
Jojo Smiley

I've checked the log and that isn't the case.
johnmglen
Grafter

There seem to be two camps here.  One group are aggrieved that their service is not what they have paid for and the others are happy to defend Plus.Net because they feel obliged too.  I sit somewhere in the middle because I have had long and reliable service from them and they are usually pretty good at getting stuff fixed.  My foot is slightly in the other camp too because the problems that they are acknowledging are not necessarily explaining to folk what is going on, what they can expect and when they can expect it.  
Plus.Net need to get another update out and they need to be more honest and less technical.  Maybe they should be talking pro rata refunds too?    
elementaltm
Rising Star

Whether moaning is justified or not, when it is a known problem and Plusnet have posted a service status announcement on this page: http://status.plus.net, and this, and on the RSS status feed http://usertools.plus.net/status/status.xml and emailed everyone who has signed up to Service Status Email Updates here and there are multiple threads started all which have been pointed to the same information, I'm not sure what additional moans achieve?

Seriously? jelv you tell me where in the original statement does it mention CDN's and how they effect seemingly ordinary websites! If you are unsure then I'll tell you... NOWHERE! Therefore it is only natural for people to think the issue they are experiencing is unrelated.
As for multiple thread's discussing the same issue it's true its better just to have one covering each specific subject but if the service status does not relate to their experience specifically they are going to start a new thread. Currently this thread is the first one a user comes across which seems to relate to there problem they are going to post here aren't they. Initially this thread may of been lower down on the homepage of the forum category so people have posted in the other threads that were higher and vice versa.
I do wish people would think about the bigger picture before posting such statements! Angry
DM.
KABOOM!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi adele,
You may be seeing your router uptime, which will often just show the length of time your router has been powered up for. Below are your connection logs for today

Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: JMG
Maybe they should be talking pro rata refunds too?    

... and maybe they will be increasing our monthly subscriptions so that they can afford to pay refunds when these sort of incidents occur!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
elementaltm
Rising Star

There seem to be two camps here.  One group are aggrieved that their service is not what they have paid for and the others are happy to defend Plus.Net because they feel obliged too.  I sit somewhere in the middle because I have had long and reliable service from them and they are usually pretty good at getting stuff fixed.  My foot is slightly in the other camp too because the problems that they are acknowledging are not necessarily explaining to folk what is going on, what they can expect and when they can expect it.  
Plus.Net need to get another update out and they need to be more honest and less technical.  Maybe they should be talking pro rata refunds too?    

I agree totally, this could all of been avoided with clearer and more specific communication in the service status update but the benefit of hindsight is a great thing and to be fair on Plusnet you can never cover every angle. Roll_eyes
KABOOM!
johnmglen
Grafter

... and maybe they will be increasing our monthly subscriptions so that they can afford to pay refunds when these sort of incidents occur!

I would doubt that very much as that would require them billing us extra for no good reason rather than compensating us for a perfectly reasonable reason(! - random exclamation mark included)
You may be happy to pay full whack for half a service, I suspect that you are in the minority.
Ritey
Grafter

This is VERY easy to fix:-
Tools Needed:
1.BIG Pair of scissors
2.Roll of Sticky tape.
3. BIG Hammer (optional)
Method:
1.Cut the two wires that go into the traffic management system.
2. Join the two wires together and tape up.
3.(optionally) Hit the traffic management system with the hammer until it is completely flat.

Grin
elementaltm
Rising Star

Maybe they should be talking pro rata refunds too?    

Hey jelv I'm sure they could afford refunds with the money they save from not paying you a wage! Smiley
KABOOM!