cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today is the day in which Plusnet were to install the line...

mariotr87
Dabbler

Today is the day in which Plusnet were to install the line...

However I got this email:
There's been a problem with processing your broadband order.
Once we've got more details, we'll deal with this and contact you if we need to.
If you've got any questions, please contact us using the Help Assistant:
http://help.plus.net/ or give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.

I have been waiting two weeks for today, since I desperately need my broadband up and working for work reasons. Can you please let me know what this means?
Thanks,
Mario.
6 REPLIES 6
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Today is the day in which Plusnet were to install the line...

Hi Mario,
I'm really sorry that there's been an issue with your broadband order.
What was supposed to happen:
- Engineer was to attend between 8am-1pm to install the new phone line
- Broadband order to be placed today to activate within the next 5-7 working days as explained on Service Notice: SN197094752.
What has happened:
- Engineer has been able to complete all the necessary work for the phone line install without the need to visit (unfortunately we didn't receive a notification about this to inform you - I'm really sorry about that).
- Broadband order should have placed this morning once the phone order shows as completed for the broadband to go active by the end of the day on 14/07/2014.
I've added some notes onto Ticket: 88143928 if you're able to view this, I'm going to do everything I can to try and get the broadband order sorted out for you and activated as quickly as possible. Please monitor Ticket: 88143928  where possible for further updates as I'll update the ticket throughout the day.
mariotr87
Dabbler

Thanks for that Chris, I will monitor the ticket throughout the day.
An aside question: if I remember correctly I was charged 50 pounds on top of the first month's fee on the basis that an engineer would have to visit me and install the line personally. What does this mean then? Am I still liable for paying that if they were able to complete it without attending?
Thanks again, as I said I will be checking the ticket.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mario,
I've refunded the £49.99 as the engineer didn't actually attend, you should see that in your bank/building society within the coming days.
Please do continue to monitor the ticket and I'll do my best to get you up and running ASAP.
mariotr87
Dabbler

Thanks a lot again Chris.
Mario.
mariotr87
Dabbler

Hello,
Any updates? I've been monitoring the ticket but there has been no changes on it and haven't been contacted about this issue by any other means.
Thanks.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I'm really sorry that I've been not able to update you. I'm awaiting a further update from our suppliers and I've been advised that we should have a ready date for you by tomorrow morning. I'm working as quickly as possible on this for you.