cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tis' a sad day....

doozeruk

Tis' a sad day....

The time has come for me to move ISP's....after being a loyal customer with Plusnet for 8 years as I no longer find my Premier 1 package competitive...a shame really as I have absolutely no problems with the service.  It appears moving to unlimited wouldn't help too much either as the traffic shaping is quite poor and so I am looking to move to O2 who have a 20mb unlimited service where I live for less than ten quid a month.
I would like some help though please with the way in which to go about this.  I currently use around 230mb of my webspace and have various links around the web to my pages that are still in use.  I intend to move all of this to 1and1 with whom I already have a few domains but would like to know how I go about getting Plusnet to downgrade my account to dialup so that I can keep my email and hopefully 10mb of webspace for redirecting (do they do that still?) during the migration to O2 while keeping my broadband with them up to that point?......does that make sense!
Many thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Tis' a sad day....

Hi there,
Sorry to here you're thinking of leaving Sad
The system would normally downgrade your account automatically once we receive confirmation of your migration out from BT. IIRC though, this functionality isn't working properly at the moment. Best thing for you to do would be to raise a ticket once you've migrated and ask for your account to be downgraded.
If you were to stay with us then you might be interested in trialling ADSL2+

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

doozeruk

Re: Tis' a sad day....

Ok thanks very much then Bob.....
Its not been an easy decision to leave Plusnet, but with 3 kids all on their laptops plus myself and the wife sharing computers we just use our allowance up much quicker these days and I cannot stand these throttled speeds!
I will be hanging a couple more weeks while I get other things sorted so at least I will be paying another months premium  Undecided