cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeouts

evolve
Dabbler

Timeouts

I have a bit of a strange problem, my broadband speed seems ok but I'm continually getting timeouts on web pages, if i hit refresh then the page loads, this is on multiple laptops, tablets over wifi and a wired desktop, all the same.
Speed tests show I'm still getting around 6.5 meg which is the same as I've always got, not good but always been adequate. I don't know whether it has any baring but it seems to have been since we moved over to the new plusnet product on 30/12, could that have anything to do with it?
Or does anyone have any other ideas of what to look at?
Thanks in advance
Mark
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Timeouts

Hi there,
By your description this sounds like it could be a browser problem, have you tried another browser (IE. Firefox, Chrome etc) to try and rule that out at least?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Estragon
Rising Star

How long since you rebooted the router?
evolve
Dabbler

As I said lots of different computers/tablets so using chrome/safari on iPad, Chrome, Firefox and IE on Windows. I've not rebooted the router, but I have disconnected and reconnected the ADSL.
Its is really strange it seems that connections are being routed down a black hole sometimes, but on a refresh everything is fine.
mushy
Grafter

Not really an answer and i'm not a network techie but we had a similar problem once where the DNS was dropping off intermittantly by the router but would still allows to view certain pages and not others, might be worth just adding  manual DNS settings on one of the laptop/PC just to give it a try, once we replaced the router the problem went away.
Network Properties - Manage Network Connection - TCP/IP v4 properties and assign manual DNS
The Google Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4)
Open DNS