Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket problems

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Ticket problems

Raised a ticket this morning requesting PN delete the spam on the f/way account (as unable to do so in webmail)
- error message
ERROR:
ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: COPY 1:1635 "INBOX.Trash"

However I can't now see the ticket - it gives the number [ 22973670 ] and the date, but doesn't show any actual content.
Would appreciate the ticket (and the spam-deletion issue) being fixed, have only raised this here as assume the ticket system itself has problems.
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
6 REPLIES 6
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Ticket problems

Hi Penny,
We'll get a problem raised about the ticket issue.
In the meantime I've deleted the mail in the 'Spam' folder.
Whilst on the subject, here's a quick tip for people as you can actually do this yourself using TELNET...
Firstly open a command prompt in windows (Start > Run, type 'cmd' and click OK)
Telnet to our IMAP server by typing:
telnet imap.plus.net 143

You will be presented with a welcome message. You should then authenticate yourself using:
. LOGIN <username> <password>

Note the space after the dot and the space between the username and password.
From here you can delete the Spam folder and its contents:
. DELETE INBOX.Spam

After pressing Enter you should get a confirmation message saying that the folder's been deleted.
You then need to recreate the spam folder:
. CREATE INBOX.Spam

Again there should be confirmation that this is complete.
And that's it! Should save you having to raise a ticket next time round Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Bob
We'll get a problem raised about the ticket issue.

thanks Bob Smiley
In the meantime I've deleted the mail in the 'Spam' folder.

also thanks Smiley
Whilst on the subject, here's a quick tip for people as you can actually do this yourself using TELNET...
... And that's it! Should save you having to raise a ticket next time round Wink

Very useful info, and appreciated you took the time to spell out the steps.  Could you just clarify if <username> actually needs the chevrons, eg <bloggs> (?)
With regard to the actual spam deletion within webmail, though, why didn't this work?  Always has, previously.  Is there a certain volume of messages beyond which SquirrelMail can't clear down the spam?
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Penny
Very useful info, and appreciated you took the time to spell out the steps.  Could you just clarify if <username> actually needs the chevrons, eg <bloggs> (?)

No, it doesn't need the chevrons.
With regard to the actual spam deletion within webmail, though, why didn't this work?  Always has, previously.  Is there a certain volume of messages beyond which SquirrelMail can't clear down the spam?

Yes, once the number of messages exceeds a certain amount Squirrelmail struggles. This leaves you in a position where you're unable to access the Spam folder to delete your messages.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Hi Penny,
Bob was only using them to help identify what was to go there, so you don't actually type them when you telnet in.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, once the number of messages exceeds a certain amount Squirrelmail struggles. This leaves you in a position where you're unable to access the Spam folder to delete your messages.

Okay fine, if it's volume-related.  I could see the messages, order them and toggle them, just couldn't get SM to clear them down.  Thanks for clarifying Smiley
Regards,
Penny.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: MikeWhitehead
Bob was only using them to help identify what was to go there, so you don't actually type them when you telnet in.

Yes I understand that (now).  Thing is, when Gareth Horth talked me through telnet initially (when I was setting up Cron/Webalizer some years back) he made it - very - clear that you have to be really careful with what characters you input.
I could, I guess, have found out using trial and error, but I didn't want to risk putting chevrons in and find it caused some un-ideal outcome, hence the question.
I use telnet a fair bit these days for telnetting in mysql content, so I'm reasonably okay with it, just didn't want to risk stuffing things up somehow Smiley
Regards,
Penny.