Did you mean: 

Ticket Raised for intermittent internet

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Intermittent disconnections

@greshoff

I've checked the connection this side and it looks like the signal strength for your line is set too low which explains when your devices seem connected but nothing loads up or you just get buffing.

The good news is it's a fairly easy fix and I have placed an order to up your signal strength which should complete in the next hour. If you then turn the router off and then on again in a hour or later the connection should be back to normal for you. Let us know how it goes.  Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Re: Ticket Raised for intermittent internet

Hi @greshoff, I've tested the line for you and can see the connection drops as per the graph below:

My testing came back clear bar the SNR being on the low side at 3dB. I've raised this for you and sent an email out. If this doesn't improve. please use the link on there to raise the fault with us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Topics on recurring issue merged and fix removed.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
greshoff
Grafter

It is a little better but still getting disconnections. Done the usual master socket & quiet line tests

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @greshoff, I am sorry to hear that the issue has continued. I can see that your SNR settings were incorrect, I have moved these for you. Should this happen again, please get in touch so I can have this issued raised for you.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
greshoff
Grafter

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I am a little baffled as to why when I my SNR settings are STILL incorrect, They have been changed numerous times by Plusnet staff. Have they been changed incorrectly in the past by all the other Plusnet staff?Huh

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @greshoff Smiley I have raised a modify order to keep your SNR at the right settings for you. This takes up to 48 hours, if you have any problems after that please get back in touch.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
greshoff
Grafter

Many thanks, but you haven't answered my question - why are my SNR settings are STILL incorrect when they have been changed numerous times by Plusnet staff. Have they been changed incorrectly in the past by all the other Plusnet staff?

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi @greshoff - that's absolutely not the case. Your line at the exchange has a Dynamic Line Management system, which also changes the SNR settings automatically to try and ensure the highest speed and stability of your line combined.

Sometimes, it can get this a little wrong, or take too much speed to offer you more stability, which is where we can make a manual change to correct this for you.

I hope this answers your question.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
greshoff
Grafter

Thanks for explaining. It is frustrating that it changes all the time and making the line feel unstable. Couldn't it be set at an optimum level and left at that setting? This has only recently started to be an issue.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @greshoff I have done what I have advised about placing an order so your SNR stops changing at the DLM, you can see more about it on your account here.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
greshoff
Grafter

Many thanks, i have seen the message on my account. Hopefully this will resolve the disconnection issue