cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket Raised for intermittent internet

FIXED
Grafter

Ticket Raised for intermittent internet

I contacted support last night regarding an intermittent internet connection. I did the master socket test as suggested and posted an update to the ticket.

Could this be looked at for me as it is causing a lot of inconvenience?

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Grafter

Re: Ticket Raised for intermittent internet

Disappointed that my ticket has not been updated.

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 332

Thanks for getting in touch @greshoff

I've tested your line today and I can see that there are some settings on your line that are set too low that may be making your speeds seem slow or your connection intermittent.

I've arranged for the line to be reset to try and fix this. Can you monitor the connection over the next couple of days and let us know how you get on?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted
Grafter

Thanks, Which settings were set  too low?

I'll keep an eye on things over the next few days and let you know. Hopefully resetting the line will improve things

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 332

Thanks for getting back to us @greshoff

Essentially the Signal to Noise Ratio (or SNR for short) was set too low for your line and may have been trying to make your line faster than it can handle.

Have you noticed any improvement since the reset?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted
Grafter

Thanks Matthew. What are the current settings of the SNR for my line. I have been out a lot but when I have been home the connection seems tro be more stable. Thanks.

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 65

Fix

Hello @greshoff,

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know your service is more stable, glad to hear it's sorted.

Do let us know if you need further assistance,

Thanks.

Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team

Highlighted

Hi Matthew and Plusnet team,

I am having similar issues with dropping of connection or to less than 0.5mbps . This is happening on average between 5 to 10 minutes.

I am supporting school teaching at home, so would be good to have stable connectivity ASAP.

If you could do a line test and check the SNR settings. I am connected directly to the master socket. Appears to be a problem on both 2.4 and 5ghz WiFi networks. I don’t have an Ethernet port on my MacBook to try out and eliminate the WiFi .

Many thanks for your support. Ian