cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson v8 router login probes

quitescary
Dabbler

Thomson v8 router login probes

Im having a mare trying to login to my router I'm doing admin upper lower both upper and lower at start also entering my serial number ad I still can't log in , I set my pc to remember the password and this also won't log in , what option is it with resetting my router and losing all the setup and ip allocations
5 REPLIES 5
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Thomson v8 router login probes

I believe it's the 0 (noughts) and the O (letter o's) that catch you out.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The router logon name should be admin (all lower case letters) and the password the serial number of the router (CP... all letters uppercase).  With the serial number, 0 and 8 are sometimes confused as 0 has a stroke through it to distinguish from letter O. The digit 0 has straight sides, whereas 8 has pinched sides.
If you do want to reset the router to factory defaults that is done by holding in the pinhole reset button on the back for 10 seconds (until the power LED turns red) then allow the router to re-sync (and set itself up again) normally.
David
David
quitescary
Dabbler

Thanks typically my serial number hasn't got o or 0 or 8 grrrrrrrr looks like I will have to do a master reset  Angry Sad
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Sorry for asking what could be a silly question, but ...
My answer was based on the assumption that your router was a TG585v8 (as stated in the title). The login name and password could be different if it was a v7.
David
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I believe it's the same on the v7's - admin for the username and the serial number for the password, unless it's been changed.