cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson tg585 v7 user.ini

Poppahorse

Thomson tg585 v7 user.ini

hey all. had my line enabled this morning but no adsl router arrived yet Sad
anyways i have my old be broadband router and wanted to use that. Problem is I think the config is geared towards BE and not plusnet.
Can anyone provide me with a vanilla plusnet user.ini file with user log Ins stared out etc?
am writing this in my phone with appalling 3g so any help would be much appreciated Smiley
9 REPLIES 9
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: Thomson tg585 v7 user.ini

Hi Poppahorse,
I can't provide you with the user.ini file directly but I can provide a link to all our firmware's hete:
http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/how-to-upgradedowngrade-the-firmware-on-the-thomson-585v7...
If you were to flash your current router (providing the router is an ST585v7 or ST585v8) you should be able to connect.
Poppahorse

Hi Alex. A very helpful response, just what I was hoping for
A couple of issues / questions tho
i run the flash app using the 585v7 8.2.23.0 firmware (which is already on there, but the BE branded brain), but it fails due to - the device did not respond anymore after upgrade
In the link you posted under things to consider it says about connecting the pc directly to the router. Mine due to necessity has a couple of switches in the way, tho not sure why that would cause problems.
any ideas? Researching this on my mobile is difficult to say the least Tongue
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The connection has to be wired, rather than wireless. The router being upgraded doesn't have to be connected to the phone line so could be brought to the PC if that would provide simpler networking.
I've always set the PC to have a fixed IP when upgrading, though I don't think that is essential. The PC runs Windows XP, upgrading failed from Vista though I haven't tried with the latter OS recently.
I'd also suggest upgrading to version 8.2.6.5, despite the numbers that is the latest release for the 585v7.
David
Poppahorse

already tried the latest version as well, no joy. am using windows 7, not xp, but am also using the w7 flash app
Will try plugging the pc directly into the router in a mo.
Any other suggestions in case that doesn't work?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Poppahorse,
As Spraxyt says and the page Alex pointed you to, you have to have your connection wired for it to work.
Jojo Smiley
Poppahorse

right so tried fixed ip on pc, plugging pc directly into router, and tried latest version again, still no joy
Its definitely a v7, not a v8, its wired not wireless
This is a strange one Tongue
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

What happens if you try to factory reset it now?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

My understanding is the the BeBox ( aka TG585 ) is locked to Be , its not possible to flash it with generic firmware using the normal update procedures. Also Be do tend to ask for them back...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lexusuk
Grafter

@Poppahorse,
In that case I'd say that your router is locked down to Bethere.  You should have your ADSL modem before the end of the week.
I have also sent a returns bag to you for the Netgear WNR1000 modem we sent to you for your fibre connection.  Once the service becomes available in the area we'll send out another modem for you.