cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson tg585 v& and Iphone

gareth35

Thomson tg585 v& and Iphone

Hello,
First post so go easy on me! I've had the above router since mid to late 2009. Earlier this week I received an Iphone 4s but am unable to link the phone to the wireless router when I'm in the house. I have to enter a password and I know I'm entering the right one but it still doesn't connect properly. Has anybody else suffered from thsi problem as it's a bit frustrating. Just wondering that maybe the router is a bit outdated that it needs to be upgraded but any advice would be most welcome.
Thanks,
Gareth
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Thomson tg585 v& and Iphone

Gareth,
Do you still have the little sticker that came with the router?
On the underneath of your router, there should be something that says "Wireless Key".  It will be case sensitive, but should do the job.
gareth35

Hi James,
Many thanks for the swift reply. I'm at work now but will check later. I'm 99.9% certain that that is what I have been typing in though. Would you know if the firmware may require an update?
Gareth
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The title of this thread says your router is a v&, which is v7 with the caps key pressed. I think the v7 was distributed until May 2010 so I assume that interpretation is correct.
As far as I'm aware there are no known problems connecting iPhones to v7 routers, though there have been with v8s running v8.2.7.7 software.
See How to upgrade/ downgrade the firmware on the Thomson 585v7 & 585v8 for checking software details.
David
David
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gareth35,
I've just checked and the router has firmware 7.4.4.7 so you may want to upgrade it to 8.2.6.5 which you can do by following the instructions here. I'm not convinced that's the reason necessarily but can't do any harm to have the latest.
Jojo Smiley
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Wasn't there some issue with long SSID's and some devices ? That doesn't affect the IPhone does it ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gareth35

Thanks again for all the advice everyone! I'll have a go tonight and see what happens. Fingers crossed!