cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson router

samuria
Grafter

Thomson router

The last 3 times we have had an outage the latest was yesterday my router goes loopy and wont reconnect and I have to do a factory reset which takes me over an hour as I have it set to 10.0.0.2 with port fowarding and other changes its model TG585 v7
Software Release: 8.2.23.0
It goes stupid to day it was reset and tried to log me in as <username removed>  were it got that username from I dont know so I had to reset it yet again. Last time it happened they promised a new router as this one is only a few months old but it never came.
Is there anyway to backup the config so if it goes again it wont take an hour netgears and other have it on the menu?
How can you setup up the router to use the ip 10.0.0.2 with dhcp inthe same range? It takes forver as it wont let you remove the 192 range when you change th eip so dhcp wont work I go around in cirlces trying to find a direct route to simple change th eip and dhcp cananyone give a link.
Anyone else have this problem its been 3 times in the last few weeks after every outage it just wont connect again
jim:green a possible other customer username removed mod:end
10 REPLIES 10
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Thomson router

Hi Samuria,
Any chance you can PM me the username that Jim's removed? Better still, could you PM me the serial number of the router please (the one from the sticker on the bottom that starts with CP)? That way I can check the TR69 settings and make sure it's linked to your account properly.
catshill
Grafter

The Thomson really does have a nasty UI compared to the Netgear doesn't it.
Backup and restore settings...
Home > Thomson Gateway > Configuration > Save or Restore Configuration
samuria
Grafter

The new router arrived and another hour setting it up but it connected at 732 / 6,655  which is the same speed as one I  borrowed th eold thompson anly connect at 660 / 6,655.
Still trying to find a simple way to change th eip to 10.0.0.2. I found the page once but I end up having to add a dhcp and it won tlet you remove the other then you change th eip but the dhcp is wrong then you can remove the old dhcp its a pain.
Its the slowest router interface I have ever seen and not user friendly as you can never find anything
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I imagine the DLM has put you on the 3328-6656kbps banded profile; until that changes you won't sync above that maximum.
David
samuria
Grafter

Before the outage my router was up for 14 days and I have in the past connected ok at 7-8 meg the dlsm should change after 14 days?
On speed test I never get higher than 5318 even though I am connected at the 6655
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Samuria,
Your line is indeed banded, so you won't sync higher than 6656k This can possib;y be lifted but there are some errors on the line. I know yo've tried a diffferent router but I have to make sure you have tried an alternate filter and are in the test socket.
Jojo Smiley
samuria
Grafter

I dont have filter as its a ntfs plate and a BT fitted rain filter
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Samuria,
Some filtered faceplates are just attached over the test socket, although it may be hardwired. Do you know, or have you checked which yours is?
Jojo Smiley
samuria
Grafter

Its a brand new one tested by BT a few weeks ago it plugs into the master socket  and the rain filter is in a sealed box fitted by BT
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Samuria,
If that's the case then it may be worth trying a normal filter in the test socket.
Jojo Smiley