Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson TG585v8 reboots occasionally

FIXED
redulike
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thomson TG585v8 reboots occasionally

I've had this modem/modem for years wihout any problems.  My phone line is with BT.  Over the last few months I've noticed the router reboots itself.  It takes a couple of minutes before internet access is back again. Occasionally there may be several reboots in say half an hour then it's all right again for a period.

I've looked at the Event Logs but they don't really show much and in any case the reboots erase the history so I can't be sure how often this rebooting is happening.

My phone cabling hasn't changed. I have an ADSL splitter at the master socket with a single telephone there and an RJ lead (say 1 metres long ) to a cable coupler then another lead (say 2metres) to the modem/router itself.  I'd like to try moving the modem/router right onto the master socket with no other connections to see it there is any improvement.  Problem is - how do I tell if there is any improvement since this rebooting is sporadic anyway?  Is there a way I can log all reboots, not just the ones that I happen to notice?

3 REPLIES 3
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Thomson TG585v8 reboots occasionally

Hi @redulike, sorry to hear you're having broadband issues.

I have created a support ticket on your account to address this issue. Please click here to view my response.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Sounds more like a power supply problem. I suppose you've checked the obvious like taking the mains plug out and checking all the pins are nice and clean. Same with the push in power plug in the back of the Thomson.

Things I've had plugged in for years can get a little dirty or slightly corroded where just walking past a plug or barely touching a lead can cut the power momentarily and cause whatever device is there to restart.

redulike
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fix

My problem has been fixed (so far at any rate) with a new router. Been running ok for 11 days now without any line drop.

Thanks Plusnet!