Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson ST585 v7 Dropping wireless connection

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thomson ST585 v7 Dropping wireless connection

over the last couple of weeks this has hapened a few times. The laptops in the house suddenly lose connection and when you try to reconnect windows reports the router is not responding. The kids run to me complaining but I am oblivious in my office as my wired connection is still working fine. It takes a reboot of the router or turn wireless off an on again to fix it. Any ideas? Is my router dying?
Thanks
PT
3 REPLIES 3
john50
Grafter

Re: Thomson ST585 v7 Dropping wireless connection

I've had exactly the same and posted on Saturday about it, on Sat I had done more restarts than I care to remember eventually the router just hung I eventually managed to get it reset via the little pinhole.
Same as you I've had it a few times, wireless connections gone not  showing in the available connections, normally it comes good on a restart from the gateway although a couple of times I've had to " pull the plug " on it .
Saturday I was on the point of giving up thinking the router had totally died! My routers only about 3 months old so hopefully its not on its last legs  Cheesy
Perhaps its a router s/w issue
feroluce
Grafter

I'm having the same issue too.
I've only had the router a week but it's happened three times already.
The wireless light on the router flashes about once a minute (on the rest of the time).
My signal meter on the laptop flashes the signal is available when the router flashes, but it's for less than a second.
The network shows up as available but my 'password is incorrect'.
Connecting via ethernet and resetting doesn't work.
Not sure what the little button on the front is for, but I pressed it anyway.
The only thing that works is to pull the plug.
It doesn't happen when I'm connected.
It's when I've been off for a while and come back to it.
Mine is TG585 v8, Software Release: 8.2.7.7
It isn't a major problem, just flippen annoying.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Probably not much comfort to you but I have a TG585v8 with Software Release 8.2.7.7 that has been connected for over 87 days, running both a wired and a wireless connection. Both have given no trouble.
David