cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is horrible

cuttingedge
Dabbler

This is horrible

It all started late december, Before that i was getting around 6.5mb+ download speeds, and now im only getting 2mb and 3mb if a reset my router enough.
My current speed is 2592kbps before i was getting 8128kpbs on the downstream connection speed.
I was reading the forums a week ago ,some people had similar problems, hoping it would get sorted out soon.
Lets get this straight, there is nothing wrong in my house, nothing has changed, no equipment has been replaced, everything is exactly the same.
So why would i be getting these horrible speeds, something to do with the new ADSL+2 thats come out recently?
Please could a tech take alook at the connections, its either you guys or BT.
All the best
26 REPLIES 26
cuttingedge
Dabbler

Re: This is horrible

Here is some information

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1768 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :2592 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 192 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps
But as i stated before i was getting between 6mb and 8mb downstream speeds.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Hi cuttingedge, welcome to the forums Smiley
It's best not to rule anything out to start with, your filters or router could have developed a fault for example.
Some information that will help others to assist you is:
1) Stats from your router, see here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php if you don't know how to get them
2) Is there any noise (crackling etc) when you make phone calls?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
cuttingedge
Dabbler

Only 1 filter and thats just to seperate the line for router and telephone.
No noise what so ever on the phone line.
I have attached the stats from my router.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Before I looked at your stats I was expecting to see a very high noise margin - that is not the case!
Is your router plugged in to the master socket and is that the only extension? If the answer to either of those is no you need to plug the filter in to the test socket inside the master socket and post the stats you get from there. The reason for this is that the extension wiring can act as an aerial and pick up interference from other electrical equipment, even if the extension is not being used. Also to check is if you have recently started using any different electrical items which could be generating interference.
I'd also go with adiewoo on the need to eliminate a fault having developed with your router or filter. Unfortunately it's not that uncommon, so if you could borrow a filter and router to test and compare the stats that would be good.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
cuttingedge
Dabbler

There is only 1 socket in the house and thats the only its plugged into, i have turned of everything electrical in the house, with new filter and my old router, the problem is still there.
I think the problem is with the line speed been set to low.
cuttingedge
Dabbler

Okay i have tried it in the test socket and was achieveing the same results 2mb.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When you said the same results I sincerely hope you didn't mean the same speed on a speed test.
You should be comparing the sync speed, attenuation and noise margin. Only after around 3 days syncing at a higher speed will BT raise the IP Profile and only then will you see the faster speed on a speed test.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
cuttingedge
Dabbler

Its nothing wrong with anything in my house, since ive been on force9 i have been getting great speeds 6 to 8mb, ive been on F9 for over 2 years now.
How can i contact there support, this is just not on, is there a number or email address?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It looks like something has caused your sync rate to drop quite dramatically. Have you introduced any new electrical equipment or made changes to your internal wiring recently?
If not then you need to complete the fault checker at http://faults.plus.net and we can get this raised to our suppliers for you, there is definitely something amiss somewhere.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
cuttingedge
Dabbler

Nope nothing has been changed.....
Here is my results from the speed tester....
These are the basically the same results i have been getting since mid december, before i was getting 8MB speeds constantly, but not anymore Sad
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1759 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :2592 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 96 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps
Chris
Legend

If you raise us a fault at the link I provided, we can get this investigated as you're connecting below the Fault Threshold Rate for your line (essentially the speed which we can report a fault for ).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
cuttingedge
Dabbler

Okay filed a fault........
Chris
Legend

Excellent, thanks. I've done the manual testing I need and I'll get this raised as soon as the automated testing on it is finished.
cuttingedge
Dabbler

Whats the average time this would take? supplier?