Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The frequent dropouts are back again - a true slog of an experience

nmrocha2
Dabbler

The frequent dropouts are back again - a true slog of an experience

Dear Community, 

A year ago I started noticing frequent drop outs in my broadband connection. This was confirmed in replies to my message on this forum. Initially it was suggested that something may have gone wrong outside the house, but an engineer disagreed and was sure that what was lacking was a capacitor in the socket inside my flat. At the time, and although I still did not quite grasp how this could be responsible for the frequent dropouts — I’ve never experienced these in past years, even without a capacitor installed — the truth is the dropouts were pretty much eliminated and speeds improved. Then, some months ago, the dropouts were back. And then suddenly the issue was gone. Sadly, it's back again. Speeds are very slow and connection keeps dropping out. The issue comes and goes without my intervention and with your engineer's visit and remedy in place, I no longer find it reasonable to accept that the issue is inside the property.  

I would be very very grateful for any advice. 

Also, I would be be grateful if someone from Plusnet could look into this. I just want Plusnet to do two things right. Provide reliable service and bill me correctly for this service. That's all. I don't think I am asking too much, to be frank. 

Many thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: The frequent dropouts are back again - a true slog of an experience

Hi @nmrocha2, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of your connection issues.

On checking the line, we can see several drops over the last few days but aren't detecting what could be causing the issue. As you've had the issue before, I'm hesitant to send the same steps we'd usually try and so can you confirm that you've utilised the test socket?

nmrocha2
Dabbler

Many thanks for your reply. 

Yes, I don't think all the test socket exercises are at all helpful. This needs a more thoughtful approach this time. I am in a new building, centre of Cambridge, in 2019. How can this recurring issue persist? There simply is no excuse. I really need Plusnet to take this seriously this time. How can I make a formal complaint? I really need to push this forward.

many thanks 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately issues can present themselves regardless of the age of the property, although we can certainly appreciate your frustrations.

I'd firstly recommend raising the issue via faults.plus.net  Please let me know here when you've done it and I'll ensure that it's handled correctly.

I can raise the complaint on your behalf - but I do want to make you aware that raising a complaint doesn't mean that we would circumvent any of our fault processes or progress the issue more quickly based on you having raised one.

nmrocha2
Dabbler

Many thanks again for your reply. 

Your advice is clear. I would be grateful if you could indeed then raise the issue on my behalf. I am not looking for any shortcuts or special treatment. I need Plusnet to investigate the issue to its full extent. It must be resolved this time around. I am frustrated with myself for being too complacent.

My apologies for venting my frustrations here. 

again, many thanks for your help. 

best

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for getting back to me, @nmrocha2.

I've raised a formal complaint for you, which you're able to access and add to below:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=192725649

Please let me know here when you've raised the fault and I'll ensure it's dealt with.

nmrocha2
Dabbler

Yes, thank you very much for your prompt response. I've just received an email acknowledging it. 

Your pledge to take my complaint seriously gives me hope.

Again, many thanks for your help. 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's no trouble at all.

As aforementioned, please let us know when the fault's been raised.