cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spiderwheels
Dabbler

Everyone on fibre (bt infinity, PN etc) is offline. Why doesn't this not appear on the PN status page?
Does anyone know where this information is tracked?
I have a ticket open with PN but I get the impression PN think it's isolated to my connection even though my wifes office, my neighbour and the man at the post office are all offline.
7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
There's a link to service outages on the results page.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spiderwheels
Dabbler

Thanks for the link but it doesn't show a problem. I'm rather concerned that PN don't seem to know there is a problem with the while village. The lines of communication with BT are very crackly...
spiderwheels
Dabbler

I collared a BT engineer this morning and he told me the Fibre is down across the exchange.. so that's my village, the neighbouring town (where the exchange resides) and a couple of other villages besides.
And still when I look at the plusnet exchange status it shows no faults. Now I don't know if that's PN's fault for not asking BT if there is something wrong in the exchange (as I hope they would when I reported the fault) or BT's fault for not telling PN there is a problem. Is this typical of the cooperation between the two companies?
James
Grafter

Hi - This basically means that BT haven't issued a formal notification about the outage.
It doesn't mean that there isn't a problem, just that they haven't let us know yet.
spiderwheels
Dabbler

Fair enough James... but does that mean your faults team have done / are doing unnecessary work when we just need to wait for BT to fix the exchange?
jim:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I suspect reporting issues individually is a useful thing to do in these situations as (afaik) they'll work on number of related reports coming in from a given area.
James
Grafter

Quote from: spiderwheels
Fair enough James... but does that mean your faults team have done / are doing unnecessary work when we just need to wait for BT to fix the exchange?

To an extent!
They would raise faults on an individual issue until the exchange had been flagged as having an issue.
What will often happen though is that we notice an increase in volumes on faults from a certain area code, we'll then contact BTs "Proactive" Team to see if there's a known issue.