Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Others..............

Tomplus73
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The Others..............

Sounds like a 2nd rate SF movie doesnt it !   I see on my BB usage thingy,this month, "Others" is rated at 20%. At first I wondered what the hell that was. Think Ive got an answer though........Would it be MS  Win 7 update down loads?

Like some other people on here Ive had some probs getting all my Win 7 updates.Have managed alot in last week or two.Think Ive used about 1.5 GB "others" on these MS updates.

For the next few days I'm still on 10Gbs per month allowance.However following a phone call from PN am now going to be "unlimited" from next week.As of now,havent yet received their email confirming the details.................

3 REPLIES 3
Tomplus73
Rising Star

Re: The Others..............

Sorry the above was poorly worded.................My detailed breakdown of usage is web 52%   Skype 2%  Streaming 10 %             Others 19%.  This makes 83 %  used during the day .Ive not done any MS Win7 updates in last few days,so will be interesting to see if that 19% falls as the last few days of my monthly allowance concludes.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

My break-down over 5 days says I have used 5.97 GBytes for "Broadband phonecalls" and 6.75 GBytes "Other", plus some other stuff.

I assume "Broadband phonecalls" refers to Skype calls?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Tomplus73
Rising Star

Yeah,I assume that also,ref Broadband phone calls.

Think my theory about "other" is wrong.I have deliberately NOT downloaded anymore WIN 7 updates over last few days,but see my "other" percentage has gone up another 1 or 2 percent.