Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for eveything!

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks for eveything!

Hi,
Well my BBYW2 is finally running at what appears to be a good speed…
I’m 2.1 miles from the local exchange and BT Speedtester reports my figures as follows:-
Connection rates - 5504 kbps (downstream)    448 (kbps) upstream
IP profile 4000
Actual throughput 3680
Mybroadbandspeed records 3939 download – 381 upload.
My IP profile was 4500 for a while but last Sunday evening there appeared to be a hiccup and ‘net access was virtually impossible and by the following morning my sync speeds had dropped and it all went pear shaped from there…
I’m hoping my profile will go back to 4500 soon, reading these forums I got the impression that it would go back up quite quickly but it appears to take time.
Also did some disconnects and reboots a few evenings ago and finished off with lower sync speeds so had to re-sync following mid-morning which appeared to return better figures. I learnt a lesson there - leave well alone if it’s working well or at least don’t re-sync late evening!
Initially I was concerned that I would use up all my 15Gb allowance very quickly but it appears to be working out well.  I did wonder whether BBYW1 and pay for the extra bandwidth might work out cheaper – we’ll see… My present package includes some voip allowance which I’ll not use.
I read a fair bit of comment about PN’s customer service on here – both good and bad.  I must admit that although it took almost three weeks to sort out a problem I had with very slow speeds it ‘was’ eventually sorted.  The delay included getting a replacement router from PN to test.  I found CS to be helpful and courteous and also forum members very helpful as well – overall a pleasant experience - thanks.
So – I’m up and running at reasonable speeds – thanks to everyone!
Will be reading the forums regularly – and possibly pushing my nose in occasionally when I feel I have something relevant to say!
John
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Thanks for eveything!

Quote from: PNnewbie
Will be reading the forums regularly – and possibly pushing my nose in occasionally when I feel I have something relevant to say!
Why limit yourself to that we don't  Crazy
PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Thanks for eveything!

Don't tempt me !!!