cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible speeds

RCJ

Terrible speeds

I have now come to my end with the speeds with Plusnet, I’m barely getting anything and the broadband drops out throughout the day.

I need some advise as I feel this level of service is unacceptable and would like to terminate my contract without fees or having to buy out the contract. I have also received an email stating phone charges are increasing 🤯.
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Terrible speeds

Welcome to the forums @RCJ . Hopefully, one of the PN Help Team will be along to look at this soon. In the meantime, to give one of the more experienced customers a chance to possibly help, try running through this post:https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/ADSL-Speed-faults/m-p/1270245#M297501

John
RCJ

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, I would rather leave now as it’s unbearable. I can’t do anything as it takes forever.
jab1
Legend

If it is a BT network problem (very likely) you would just take it with you. It is my reccomendation that you try to resolve it, but the decision, is, of course, yours.

John
RCJ

I have a BT line so it’s no problem with any other provider.

The problem I’m having is that they want me buy out my contract but due to the unbelievable slow speeds and now increasing phone charges I believe I should be allowed to terminate my contract without charge.
jab1
Legend

As I said, wherever you go, you will probably take the problem with you, precisely because it is a BT line, and they are within their rights to ask you to buy out your contract as you apparently  have not given them chance to resolve your problem.

John
RCJ

John, I notified them of this on previous occasions and nothing was done. I have also tried to get hold of them via Twitter but they won’t answer questions.

I have every right to leave a contract if the contract isn’t providing what I pay for at the time.
jab1
Legend

OK - I'll leave it with you.

John