cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible speed 0.5meg max

mgray73

Terrible speed 0.5meg max

Hi all
I joined Plusnet in June 2010 I left SKY with whom I had no problems at all with speed issues.
The changeover went silky smooth, but the speed is terrible cant run a pc and xbox live at the same time!
I have raised a ticket but this has been going on for weeks now had several phone calls but none of which have made any long term difference, the speed seems to pick to 1meg after each phone call then die down again a few days later.
I was told I might need to try a new router which was never sent.
was told might need bt visit, never happened.
last correspondance my fault had been resolved, I dont think so.
My neighbours get about 3.5 meg average I was told I would get 3.6 max ( I wish)
Apparently 0.5 meg is acceptable according to last advisor I spoke to!
I want to raise a complaint but cant do it online you have to do it via LETTER how old fashioned!
Can anybody help or had same probs?
Can you leave PLUSNET without early termination charges because of there terrible speeds?
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Terrible speed 0.5meg max

mgray73,
I'm sorry to see that this issue has gone on for so long without progress. I have brought this to the attention of one of the faults team leaders this morning, they will be assigning your ticket to one of our more experienced agents. So hopefully a bit of personal ownership should get things moving.
Whilst I was looking at your account I have dispatched a router too so we can rule that out as a cause of the issue.
Also if you do wish to complain, letter is just one way to do so, you can send is a ticket if you like.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mgray73

Thanks for the reply,
I will try the router before I do anything else.
I recieved an e mail this morning at 10;03am, is this from the experienced technician? If itis he has just about said this is the best speed I can get!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

mgray73,
Just noticed that too, it's going straight back to the faults team. In the meantime I don't want to assume that what you've been told is correct but there may be an element of truth there. With that in mind can you tell us if you have experience speeds in excess of 500kbps before?
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mgray73

Never had any issues with last supplier so unable to say what speeds I used to get with them, I cant run pc and xbox live at same time with plusnet ran both ok with sky.
I am no expert on this issue but my neighbours get 3.5meg on average so shouldnt I get somewhere near that?
mgray73

Hi again
received the new router today thanks.
Plugged it in done a speed check under 460kbps but threshold has gone upto 1500
will try speed check again later on tonight.