cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible internet connection last few days

Chrissi
Hooked

Terrible internet connection last few days

I had the same problem last year around a similar time. My internet connection is appalling. When watching Now TV it buffers and then drops constantly, I can't stream anything without interruptions.
Heeellllp! 😫
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Terrible internet connection last few days

Sounds like it could have returned, @Chrissi  - but it may be a different problem.

Plusnet staff support, like the phone service, is still severely restricted. If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at This post and supply as much detail from it as possible.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

John
Chrissi
Hooked

I've done a line test and no noise at all. I've done a speed test while plugged into test socket and the upload and download speeds are both under 1mbps. It's incredibly frustrating. With lockdown I'm relying on the internet more than ever, this isn't acceptable. Is there anything Plusnet can do?
jab1
Legend

OK, it's not a phone problem then, which is good.

There may be something PN can do, but as pointed out in my original reply, staff response on here is somewhat lacking, which is why I included a link to the 'Speed faults' check thread.

If you could follow that and supply the requested detail, maybe other Community members could offer suggestions/help.

John
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @Chrissi Smiley

I've tested the line and it is performing above your Minimum Guaranteed Speed of 1.2mbps download and actually get 7.9mbps Shocked I am going to attach the speed test onto this post for you to view as well.  Together with our network partners at Openreach we will try to provide you with the best speeds possible. If you feel this is not the case, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Chrissi 

xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID: CBUK72317288 Service ID: BBEU27001131
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 11-11-2020 12:10:23
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 20.5 44.5
SNR Margin: 6.0 2.3
Errored Seconds: 0 2
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 8348189 177056835
Speed: 1188 7990

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

@tinytaco I know I'm not @Chrissi , but as I'm following this topic, thanks for the details. The only thing that stands out as 'wrong' to me is the D/S SNR - that is way too low for the loop loss - as I understand it, anyway.

It would be good if @Chrissi could give the details I have now asked for twice, but in the meantime, any chance you could adjust the SNR? Thanks.

John
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

My bad @jab1 It is my Friday today and I am doing a million and one things before I leave the office! I completely forgot to add in the comment with @Chrissi ... 😖

I've made some changes to your line, Chrissi. Please turn your router off and back on in around 4 hours 😅

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

@tinytaco No problem - I know the feeling.🤣

Thanks.

John