cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Speed

isleman1969
Hooked

Terrible Speed

I have been with Plusnet for a year and the reason for that was that I stupidly paid for one year in advance.

One of the worst broadband providers I have been with . Speed always was average and sometimes in the evening or even mornings terrible slow .

This morning I had 240 KB download speed . Welcome to dial up era . Could barely load a webpage.

I have switched to another provider and I will be leaving on 19th march . I was amazed to receive an e-mail for Plusnet where they ask for £3.66 "termination fee " as I am leaving out the contract early.

Looking into my details on Plusnet page it states very clearly that my contract started on 19 March 2018 and end on 18 March 2019 . Why do I still owe you any money ?

I think it should be the other way round giving the terrible service you offered all this year . Please see the attached screenshots .

I hope somebody will be seeing this and acknowledge that I wont have to pay anything else .  

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Terrible Speed

There are some very helpful members of Plusnet staff who regularly respond to problems on this forum. I see from your previous post that the last reply from one of those members of staff invited you to come back here if you were still having problems. That was 9 months ago. Presumably you have been happy since then as you have not responded with any follow up issues until now. Good luck with your new ISP.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @isleman,

Sorry to see that you're leaving us. After checking your account I can see there was a service notice emailed to you explaining why any fees were charged.

Naturally because the information is sensitive to your account I cannot share anything directly on the forum. However you can view the service notice here.

We would like to thank you for your custom during your time with us. Should you ever return to Plusnet, please remember that we are always on hand to help via the Community Forums, Facebook and Twitter as well as our traditional contact methods of phone and webchat.

isleman1969
Hooked

@Baldrick1 wrote:

There are some very helpful members of Plusnet staff who regularly respond to problems on this forum. I see from your previous post that the last reply from one of those members of staff invited you to come back here if you were still having problems. That was 9 months ago. Presumably you have been happy since then as you have not responded with any follow up issues until now. Good luck with your new ISP.

Unfortunately I am quite busy and not having plenty of time to spent on forums.
The fact I have not responded does not necessary mean I was happy with the service.
Have you seen the screenshots ? Any comments on the Speed  ? 

I can post older screenshots as well 

isleman1969
Hooked

@Optimatts wrote:

Hi @isleman,

Sorry to see that you're leaving us. After checking your account I can see there was a service notice emailed to you explaining why any fees were charged.

Naturally because the information is sensitive to your account I cannot share anything directly on the forum. However you can view the service notice here.

In my email states that " Because you're moving your phone service before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at £3.66." 

How can that be when my broadband and telephone contract been taking at the same time when switching from a different service provider to you ? Please see attached screenshot where it states when the service ends  .

I would expect at least an apology for the quality of service this morning as you could see in my previous screenshot.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @isleman1969

To clarify but without giving out anything specific relating to your account. If you were to cancel your services before your contract term ends then for your remaining minimum term will be charges calculated on a pro rata basis.

At the time of the request being received, you would be notified of the current cancellation costs, however the final fee would be determined following the completion - If this is after the minimum term of the contract ends, no early termination fees would be applicable.

For example, should there be 10 days of your contract remaining, the would be a calculation issued based on you requesting to leave up to the time the services end.

Please bear in mind that this, as stated in the email, is a calculation and not a request for payment.

As you have likely paid up front to cover the month ahead, your final bill has yet to generate and upon your services being cancelled your final invoice will include any fees to pay or pro rata refunds to return to you.

Sorry for any confusion regarding this.

With regards to your previous issue, we did indeed amend some settings following the screenshots you provided. We then requested that you get back in touch should there still be a problem. As you did not respond further, we would have concluded the issue was resolved as we had not further correspondence to say otherwise.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@isleman1969 wrote:

@Baldrick1 wrote:

There are some very helpful members of Plusnet staff who regularly respond to problems on this forum.

Unfortunately I am quite busy and not having plenty of time to spent on forums.
The fact I have not responded does not necessary mean I was happy with the service.
Have you seen the screenshots ? Any comments on the Speed  ? 

It takes mere minutes to reply to a post on this forum. It is much quicker than trying to ring in.

If you have not complained you can't expect Plusnet to act.

What do I think of your speed? I think that there is a problem with your line, which is being provided by other parts of the BT empire. Consequently if your new ISP also uses the BT network it's possible that the fault will still be present.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'