Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone help

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Telephone help

My broadband line went down so I contacted Plusnet by telephone.....Response time was approx 20 minutes which was ok and the advice given was good, however the automated voice was the usual stuff of we value your call etc.... if you wish to know the waiting times log on to Plusnet @ www. etc  of course if you have no broadband connection you cannot do this and many people do not have access to a second broadband line.
Could I suggest you change the recorded message to either state the approximate waiting time or even better your place in the queue ! I Have no problem with either the time I waited or the advice given but imagine some one waiting for over a hour with no idea of when they might get a response.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

Re: Telephone help

Seconded - I suggested this a while ago on the F9 forum when we had the 0845 numbers. Now the wait is not too bad as call times seem to be down and the number is geographical so is included within the Homephone package.
Also, if you can access the web we now have the call wait times.
However, having recently called a building society who have this 'place in queue' system in operation, I found it very useful. 
I expect that it might be a bit problematical for Plusnet because I get the impression that when you select your choice on the menu, calls are prioritised and sorted from that point, rather than everyone being queued regardless of problem.
James
Grafter

Re: Telephone help

Hi Guys,
Thank you for your feedback.
The problem that we have here is that our telephone system is unable to do such things in an automated fashion.  Often, the only way that we have of informing you how long the call queue is by to add a message saying the wait times are in excess of 10 minutes, or something similar.  We do this whenever we can, but due to the nature of a callcentre, this may not be happeninig all of the time.
I'm sorry you had to wait so long to have your call answered.  We're holding regular recruitment events here in Sheffield to bring in more staff and as such help us to reduce the call waiting times even in the busiest periods of the day.
Thank you for your patience.