cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolour Router + NAS + NTFS = Not working

mxer

Technicolour Router + NAS + NTFS = Not working

Hi All,
Just had my 80/20 fibre install, Now starting to plug everything in and not having much luck, My Nas is seen in the router gui but can't seem to access it at all ???, I have done some searching and reading NTFS is not supported (Strange???) ......
Please tell me i can use my nas and not have to reformatted it ??......I did try the usb Fat32 on the technicolour but is not for me and many of my files will not go on fat32...
Some help would be greatly apprieciated and many thanks in advance.....
10 REPLIES 10
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Technicolour Router + NAS + NTFS = Not working

welcome to the forums mxer Smiley
unfortunately you're correct that NTFS isn't supported by the router..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mxer

Many Thanks dvorak......
As for the router all i can say is..................well ?, proberly best not....
Ok so it's new router time then, Great start with my new provider, I havn't even got onto to slow speeds yet but that will be another time as there is plenty to read first........
Btw, is there a "compatable/alternative router" router section about ?.....
Think i may pick one of these up tommorrow from a well known outlet and give it a try TL-WR841N N300 unfortunatly i havn't got Billion Bipac money.....as long as i have wireless and my nas working im happy...
Thanks again

EDIT: I have bought a WNR1000V3 instead, It was the same money £20 i hada netgear with Sky and it just WORKED, so thought i would go for the same, Although i did like the 300m/bs that the wr841n had, Hope i have bought the right one ??...
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

If it was a NAS, it wouldn't be plugged into the USB port, so NTFS format or not isn't relevant, but I guess it doesn't matter now.
mxer

I had it plugged into the ethernet ports the Nas that is, The usb was to try out 8gb usb stick to see what steaming was like with fat32 and had a couple of freeze issue's so diddn't bother going any further ie buying a portable harddrive etc........
The technicolour would of just been soooooo much better without the FTP server function.....Is asking for trouble imoa......
mxer

I just bought a new Hard drive to go with my useless technicolour router, Now all hardrives out there don't even support FAT32 anymore......How useless is this router??? I would almost say it's not fit for purpose and has really spoilt the whole experience.........Can't wait for another router to arrive. it should not be like this
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Plenty of free FAT32 format progs around - try Google...
mxer

how easy are they to apply ? got a new router comming tuesday to get my nas up and running again, Just thought i would have a play in the mean time......Thanks for the info, i'll have a google session.
mxer

You really are a CHAMP!!!!..........Fat 32 now, You are a darling thanks Bud!!!!! Smiley
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Perhaps this thread might help with getting the NAS to work with the Technicolor.
mxer

ejs, How cool are you, one little promp and all working, Thanks man!!!!!.....
I can now see my Nas on NTFS  Cheesy
But can't map it in my network off my computer, The mapped folders i can are the ones i mapped with my old router when i was with sky......... Do i need to assign a lan ip address or something ???..
Im not really that fussed as it is working, but would be nice as my Thecus Nas has usb and i have plugged in another 1tb drive, would be nice to access it.....Thanks again all  Grin