Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG582n Networking and File sharing with a PS3 and pc

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Technicolor TG582n Networking and File sharing with a PS3 and pc

Also does the PC provide internet connection to the PS3 as I would be surprised if it did. As you can't use Ethernet and WIFI on PS3 at same time. If it doesn't provide int connection to ps3 then you won't be able to talk to friends, play online, search web etc on ps3
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
ultima2009

Quote from: JamieDanjoux
Also does the PC provide internet connection to the PS3 as I would be surprised if it did. As you can't use Ethernet and WIFI on PS3 at same time. If it doesn't provide int connection to ps3 then you won't be able to talk to friends, play online, search web etc on ps3

hi yes it did... when the pc and ps3 were connected with ethinet cable i could still watch bbc iplayer so ps3 did have broadband.
just slooked at ps3 settings and it says wired...not wireless.
ultima2009

Quote from: Bright
ive answered each line to help
So previously you had the router, the PC and the PS3 connected in a triangle? I'm surprised that worked at all  Shocked 
router to ps3 wired, pc wireless /////////or ps3 to router wired, and pc talked wirelessly to router to ps3
To get the PS3 and PC to talk to each other directly over an ethernet cable, they would need to be configured with fixed IP addresses on their ethernet ports, so I suspect your problem is something to do with the way you had them configured previously. ..............................................config automatically.. windows 7 saw ps3, ps3 on auto config saw pc
I'd be inclined to reset their network configurations back to the factory default and start again from scratch. But I don't have a PS3 so I can't advise you how to do that. I think you'd probably be better off looking on PS3 or Windows forums or just Googling your problem. Have you tried working your way through the PS official instructions here? ......................................will try tonight thanks
As far as I'm aware there is nothing unique about the Plusnet router that would prevent communication between a PS3 and a PC, provided they are both configured correctly to connect to the router......................... im no expert in config, but thought as they are all connected to internet and all secure with pass word they would see the files? interestingly last night the ps3 saw the router as a shared drive, but would see the pc further on???
quote]